November 21, 2019

Thursday - Cloudy but cool

F did wake me up this morning, but I didn’t really wake all the way up, so was able to go back to sleep.  I got up a bit after 8, so went downstairs and came back up afterwards. I did my usual watching of news, catching up on FB with my phone from the bed thing. It was nice.

I had a very quiet morning and most of the afternoon. I was sleepy and considered taking a nap today too, but somehow never got around to it. I did more decluttering today too. There’s still a ton of clutter around, but I’m getting a little deeper now, so that’s good. I also finished the little ornament that I made a couple of days ago. I’d like to block it, so I’m not calling it done quite yet. I also spent some time watching YouTube videos on how to block a doily because I’ve decided that I really should do mine! I’ll wait till next week I think.

F called a couple of times to say that he was finishing and that we should decide when to make my dental appointment for…anytime she’s available when we are? He also asked me to think about somewhere to go for dinner and I said I would.

When he arrived after work, I suggested going to Coco Ichibanya for curry. I had read in my blog a few years ago that they had soup curry at this time of year. I wanted to have it again.  Well, long story shorter, they don’t have it anymore.  The three of us loaded into the car and went to the restaurant. We got a table and looked at the menu. K did the sort of thing that F always does. She picked one thing, then changed to another thing, then changed her mind again!  At one point she was going for the low carb curry, but she hadn’t noticed that the rice was actually cauliflower rice. She had liver and nila curry, F had oyster curry and I had an Asian Spice Curry. Mine was good, but quite hot. I’d had them give me less rice, so it wasn’t quite as filling. We enjoyed our meals I think.

We came back to the house, and I went upstairs. F followed a little later. K went to bed I think.  F and I talked about what to do and decided to do a coffee run. I wanted Starbucks since I haven’t been in a while. 

The two of us went to Starbucks.  F took his computer with him, so conversations weren’t had today! We both had the Gingerbread Latte to drink, but we asked them to make them less sweet. Mine was fine, F complained his was still too sweet. I did enjoy the drink.  

We came back to the house around 11.  I took a shower and watched some TV, F did the computer/phone thing.  It was a nice evening.  We also shared a bag of chips, special Yamagata chips.  The chip company is releasing a flavour of chips for each prefecture. Our flavour is dadacha-mame, the special edamame that Tsuruoka is famous for. They tasted fine, but the flavour was very mild. It could be because I still have remnants of the cold that I couldn’t taste the chips very well.  

Yamagata Dadacha-mame flavour

And that’s about it.  The NCIS that was on today was the intro to NCIS: New Orleans, so my hero Scott Bakula was on telly, along with Lucas Black. I was a diehard Quantum Leap fan, so I was thrilled to watch it…and it is continued next week. Woot.


Come back later if you like and find out all about our Friday. F will be off work and we’ll be starting his birthday celebration a touch early. Until tomorrow….

No comments: