June 27, 2020

Saturday - Warm and a bit muggy

I slept in quite late this morning. Tee hee.  I woke up at my usual time, used the ‘loo, and then came back and went to sleep again. I woke up next at 11 when my alarm went off. F was at work of course. I went downstairs again, then came upstairs and got dressed, plus made the bed. 

I had a fairly quiet rest of morning, and a decent early afternoon. I had lunch and I gave K the leftover pasta from last night. I thought she might like it. 

F called me close to 4 pm to say he was on his way to the house. When he arrived, we had a nice reunion, then I suggested getting something to drink. We did.

F and I went to Komeda Coffee for an hour and a half or so and had their cake set. I had iced tea with my chocolate cake, F had iced coffee with a caramel mont blanc.  I enjoyed my time there, but did want to leave earlier than F did!

We picked up some food for dinner from the grocery store. F wanted to make hiyashi chuuka and I had no objections. We picked up a few other things in the grocery store and then came back to the house. Before we left the store though, I asked F if he needed any more sauce for his noodle dish. He didn’t.

We get back to the house and F storms into high gear. I offered to help but was turned down. I did get an egg out of the fridge for him. (I know, big deal!) I went upstairs and had a veg with my computer.

F called me down and I went soon afterwards to have our cold noodles. The kitchen reeked. He’d added sauce to the egg that he fried and it probably burned. There was not nearly enough sauce for the noodles and they smelt horrible. After my first mouthful, I wanted to stop. It was turning my stomach. He’d also not put drinks out, so I had to do that. Bah. I asked about more sauce and he said there wasn’t any, but he found a small packet of some somewhere. I got most of it and it did improve the dish quite a lot. 

I ate the dish and it was okay, but honestly, F, try harder! If I served that to you, you’d be not pleasant about it. We had some ice cream from the freezer for dessert, which helped make things better :-)

 I helped a bit with the dishes, but stopped when he washed the pans. I thought they can just darn well air dry!

We came upstairs after dinner. F was watching the movie we’d been watching downstairs - Kong: Skull Island. Well, to be more specific, he’d put it on the TV for me, but he wasn’t watching it. I didn’t really want to watch it but…Tom Hiddleston…need I say more?

And that’s about it. We’ve been fairly quiet all night. F is almost asleep, he’s been YouTubing all night, I’ve done a lot of internet stuff too.

No idea what we’ll get up to on Sunday. I just hope that we have a good day! Come back later if you like and see what happens. Until tomorrow….

No comments: