June 28, 2020

Sunday - Cloudy and a little rainy

I went to bed last night at an insane time so I didn’t even plan to get up early today. I did set alarms for myself around 10:30 am, so when my alarm went off, I did get up.  I planned to go back to sleep, but it never actually happened!

F had made some coffee for us, so we had that, and talked about what to do today. K had eaten breakfast and was good for a while, but F wanted to eat with me. We talked about different places and talked about budgets, but finally ended up asking about going to our favourite place in Mikawa, Bistrot des Pointes.  We didn’t know if it was open but decided to try and go.

We got there, they were open, so we went in and had a fabulous meal. I had roast duck and F had steak. I wasn’t sure that it was a good idea since he is trying not to have things like red meat, but it was his choice. We had dessert too…everything was lovely. We almost had the restaurant to ourselves!

After our meal I wondered what F would like to do so he suggested going to the mall. We didn’t have a real purpose, but it would be nice to look around. It was too busy for me! Most people were masked up, but it was hard to social distance when places were crowded.  I got some wrapping paper there and a postcard. 

We went to Don Quihote next. It was crowded a bit too. Usually, we go to the mall and DonQi later in the day so they just aren’t as crowded. We had a look around and bought a few things, but not very much. I got another face mask and some granola, a few things for the kitchen, and both F and I picked up some quick dry towels for hand drying. Nowadays, most places have shut off their hand dryers so we need something to dry our hands on. I have a couple already but needed a few more. We picked up a couple of drinks for the road back as well.

We came back to Tsuruoka and went to Gyomu Supa. My Women’s group had asked this week about favourite products so I wanted to look around for some things other people had recommended. I got a couple. I found the hummus, and we also got some more adult flavour freeze-pop things for when it gets really hot. They didn’t have any of the bread stuff I wanted but did have more cookies and tea.  F bought some tea for himself! I got cream powder too for my tea. 

We came back to the house and relaxed for a while. Neither of us was hungry since we’d had such a gorgeous and late meal. All of a sudden, F sat up straight and asked if we’d eaten dinner yet!  I told him, no, so we decided to go out again. Gusto was the place he chose out of my suggestions, so we took K out to get some dinner. With their new system of ordering by tablet, it was a bit fun, because F had to put it into Japanese for K to read, and then I had to put it into English for me to order things! We had an okay meal. We shared a plate of french fries and K did her usual double-dipping into the ketchup right away. Ack. We’re trying to train her away from doing that. 

After we finished, F drove us back to the house and saw K inside.  We still had to do a grocery shop. He drove us off to Mina, the nearest big grocery store and we picked up a few things for dinner for the next couple of days. I’m going to make a pasta salad tomorrow so I’m hoping it’ll last a couple of days, but with my hungry horde (AKA K) I’m not sure.  I bought some mini-tomatoes for it and F and I hid them on top of the fridge so that she wouldn’t find them! Last time I left them on the table and she had half of them eaten before dinner! I don’t eat them, so I thought it was funny but tomorrow they’re an ingredient!

And that’s about it. F and I just relaxed. I took a shower tonight and spent a lot of time on my computer. I do want to get to bed earlier than I did last night, so I plan to sign off this soon.  

Come back later if you will and find out how the pasta salad goes and if I have a good day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: