June 5, 2020

Friday - Cooler and a bit rainy

I woke up when my alarm went off. I had woken up earlier when F left but managed not to completely wake up. I got up, went downstairs and then came up and watched the news after that. I snoozed a little, but was up and getting on with stuff after that.

Today I watched a couple of movies during the day. I watched the third Austin Powers movie today. I had seen it when it came out and liked it a lot, but today it just rubbed me the wrong way. I didn’t like it very much. While I was watching the film, I worked on my shawl for a while. I decided to do an edging line on the inside of the shawl, the bit that goes around the neck. I got about half of it done then.

In the afternoon I had lunch and then watched a Canadian movie called Level 16. It was pretty good. It was about girls at a school who were living under very strict rules. I hadn’t seen that movie before!  I’ve seen similar ones, but this had something. I finished up the shawl while I was watching and sewed in the ends too. I’m done, and I love it!


Spill the Yarn Eater, my version

A bit of a closer version

After F called me tonight to say that he was on the way back, I went downstairs and started getting ready for dinner.  I cooked tonight and it went quite well. When I went downstairs I did dishes and preheated my oven. I baked some of the half-baked buns and got the water on to heat up.  By the time F came back, I was ready to go. I think I had dinner on the table within 20 minutes or so. 

Dinner was quite successful tonight. We had pasta with lemon and olive oil sauce, lemon pepper sausages, freshly baked buns with garlic butter and salad. Most of it disappeared and it was great. 

I did the dishes and clean up alone today as usual. I knew that F was tired, so I didn’t nag him about it. I was hoping he’d at least offer to help but he stayed out of the kitchen until the end. I went upstairs when I finished.

I spent quite a bit of time tonight sewing up a bag that I’d given F for his onsen stuff. When I finished I noticed that the zipper had come off too. Oops. I didn’t have it, but at least he can use the bag.  The side seam had ripped, that’s why I fixed it. I gave it back to him and he proved to me that no good deeds go unpunished. He grabbed a pair of his work pants and showed me the ripped pocket. He asked me to fix it for him.  Of course, I did. In a way, it was much easier as the pants were a light colour! I fixed the pocket and he was happy. Yay!

That’s really about it for my day. I finished watching that celebrity dating thing from Britain and it was silly but a bit fun. F has gone to sleep and I should get some sleep too if I know what is good for me.  Come back later if you like and find out all about my Saturday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: