June 6, 2020

Saturday - Hot and sunny

I slept in quite late this morning. I had set my alarms to wake me up earlier, but when I got up around 11 my husband told me that he had trouble turning off my alarms. I asked him what he was talking about. He said that he thought he’d turn off my alarms to help me wake up…say what?  That makes NO SENSE to me. 

I finally dragged myself out of bed around 1 I think. F went downstairs to make his mother brunch, I got dressed and checked on a restaurant. When F came back he was all for going back to bed, but I kind of insisted that he take me out. I suggested Hyakkenbori since they’ve been closed for ages due to the ‘virus and are only open now for lunches.

We went there and although F was grumpy as hell about it, he ate lunch there too. I had chicken and it was lovely. F had fish. I don’t know if he liked it because he was basically having lunch with his phone and not me. 

We left the restaurant and went off to the hardware shop. F usually gets his mother a case of a pop that she likes so he picked up one of those. I got some bath cleaner (a refill pack) and some mask elastic and a filter pack for masks. Nothing too exotic or spend-thrifty.

F brought us back to the house and proceeded to put a full case of pop on my pasta pan. My pasta pan is in its box right next to the fridge. I protested and F was a tad annoyed with me. He tried to move my pasta pan to the top of the fridge (where I can’t reach it) or somewhere else, but I pointed out that I use it almost every week. If he’d been a tad nicer about it, I might have moved my pasta pan myself, but nope. I suggested moving the pop back to his mother’s old bedroom where we’ve always kept the pop before. He grudgingly did.

We came upstairs for a while. He did give me some coffee, and that was nice.  We relaxed for a bit and around 5:15 I suggested that we get moving. We needed to give his mother a bento. We left the house closer to 6. Ack.  We grabbed a bento, brought it back to the house and I waited in the car while F gave his mother her food.  

We drove off to Mikawa to have our dinner and see the movie. We got there around 6:30 and bought our movie tickets first. Then, we went to the food court…and discovered that the places we were going to eat at had both closed for the night! What?! Argh. I had really been looking forward to my bibinba tonight. F was all for walking to the grocery store and picking up food, but I pointed out that we only had 20 minutes before our movie started.  We went downstairs and I suggested going to the Doutors instead.  We did that. I had a sandwich and F had toast. 

He was dawdling and I was raring to go, so I went upstairs and bought the popcorn and the drinks. F was only a minute or two behind me, so we both went in together.  We went to see Birds of Prey again, the Harley Quinn movie.  I liked it again, but I don’t think it is a highly re-watchable movie after all. 

On the way back into Tsuruoka F complained about how much money he’d spent today so I didn’t ask him if he’d like to go and have dinner somewhere. I decided I could eat leftovers at the house.

When we got back, I did go downstairs and I ate the leftovers from last night. They were good!  I cleaned up as well and then came back upstairs. I grabbed my towel and then went downstairs again and I took a shower. 

When I came back, F went down in a little bit of a huff and fixed his dinner which of course was noodles.  Mine was too, so I probably shouldn’t say anything!

And that was my day. It was okay, but F is acting a bit oddly these days. I know the rainy season is not going to be fun for him and therefore for me either. He’s been a real grump for ages and it is getting annoying. 

That’s it for me. I have no idea what we’ll get up to tomorrow. You’ll just have to come back if you like and see what’s going on. Until tomorrow….

No comments: