June 7, 2020

Sunday - Warm and sunny

A really nice day!

I went to bed late last night, so didn’t really plan to get up early this morning. However, I did hear F get up and that woke me up so…I went to the washroom and came back to bed. I snoozed, or tried to, but did get up around 11 I think.  I made F laugh this morning so that was good. I told him I was glad to see that he was wearing jeans today. I knew that meant that he didn’t go into work by mistake. Yes, my dear F has on occasion, driven all the way to his office on a Sunday, thinking it was a regular workday.  

F asked me if I’d like to go out for sushi for lunch. Since I’d suggested it earlier in the week and he’d refused I was surprised, but game. We left the house and drove over to our favourite place. We did have to wait a while as they were busy and social distancing, so there were fewer seats inside.  We probably waited about 20 minutes, but it was worth it. 

During lunch, F asked if I’d like to go to Mount Chokai today. I really didn’t mind and it was early enough to go somewhere, so said it was fine. We decided to pick up a bento for K and I needed to pick up a few things from the house. I grabbed a jacket and a hat, and also my thermos for some water. 

We drove off to Mt. Chokai and made a quick and delicious stop at one of the roadside places. We had an ice cream cone each, F’s was comped since the woman did a bad job of making it! We drove up to a side of Chokai that I hadn’t been up before and stopped in a couple of places for the views.  I took a bunch of pictures, and I’ll post a couple for you.  At the last place, there was a little restaurant and souvenir shop so I got a small packet of postcards. One day I’ll get back to Postcrossing like before!

That shiny bit is the Japan Sea or the East Sea depending on your point of view.



We started to drive back to Tsuruoka but before Sakata, F asked about dinner. I suggested going to Alba, the curry restaurant. He liked that idea so we drove there. And arrived 10 minutes before it opened! I was happy and said that it was okay to wait because parking is hard to find there. However, F needed a washroom. Luckily there was a big store across the road, so we drove over.  We took care of business and drove back. We got one of the last parking spaces left. Whew! 

Our meal tonight was great. I had a baked curry with bacon and mushrooms, F had the one I had last time, chicken and eggplant. I liked mine, but I should have had the chicken and eggplant one too!

We drove back into Tsuruoka, picked up another bento for K’s dinner and came back to the house. We relaxed for a bit and then F and I went out again to pick up some groceries. I’m going to be making chicken tomorrow, I’m just trying to figure out a way of making it interesting! Before we went to the grocery store, we spent a few minutes in McDonald's as I wanted a drink. Sad to say, it was probably not the greatest of ideas as the drive-through was busy so the inside staff had to take care of the customers outside before us. 

We had a quiet evening in. We had some iced coffee and relaxed.  F took a shower and I watched some YouTube.

I’ve no idea what I’ll get up to tomorrow. Come on back if you will and see what happens! Until tomorrow….

2 comments:

Usman Makhdoom said...

Ah how I miss the Sea of Japan!

Helen said...

It can be so beautiful!