July 1, 2020

Wednesday - Rainy and cloudy and cool

An interesting day.

I woke up early to go to the washroom and ended up sleeping in a bit!  I did finally get up, dressed and went down for my breakfast. 

I had a fairly quiet morning. I didn’t take a nap today, and I did some work on the mask I’m making for F too. I sewed on the side panels that I am adding to reinforce the channels for the elastic.  I hope the rest of it works out as easily.  I watched the second Mamma Mia movie too today. It was fun but not as good as the first one of course. 

I gave K some lunch today too. I saw her in the fridge looking at stuff, so I gave her some of the leftovers from Monday. Hey, I’d eat them!

I went downstairs to wash my dishes and see if I could get anything in the kitchen ready for dinner. I washed the dishes. No worries. Around 6 pm K came in and seemed in a bit of a panic. She was worried about F coming back to the house. I didn’t know why she was so worried as he wasn’t really late. He can come anytime after 5:30 or so. She said a lot of things to me in Japanese, but I honestly had no idea what she was trying to say. Usually, I can get an idea, but not tonight.  

I texted F and told him that his mother was worried about something and was wondering when he’d finish work. He called me back a few minutes later to say that he had just finished and would be back soon.  I told K that he was coming back, but she went on and on again. I had to tell her I didn’t understand.

F finally arrived and talked to his mother. Apparently, HER mother wasn’t doing well and K wanted to go and visit her. Sigh. Okay then.  F cooked the fish right away and I got the other mostly cold dishes on the table. We had a fast and pretty good dinner. F and K left right after dinner and I did the dishes. I know, I know but at least there was a reason I had to do them alone tonight!

It took a while to finish up, but I listened to some podcasts and almost enjoyed myself. When I finished downstairs, I went upstairs.  I joined a Zoom meeting for Canada Day. A friend of mine was hosting it. It was fun but sad to say, the conversation started being all about teaching at Universities these days. I never did teach at a University and I don’t teach nowadays anyway, so I was a bit lost.  I heard F’s car outside so he was back.  I left the meeting and welcomed him back.  

Apparently, K’s mother had been moved to the hospital near us, so F had driven them both to the hometown, then into the hospital. His uncle was supposed to join them but didn’t turn up for ages. 

I am quite surprised that the hospital let them in. I’ve heard so many stories about hospitals in other countries not allowing visitors.  I guess they were lucky. 

And that’s about it. I watched Project Runway and later Grey’s Anatomy, then turned off the TV. F had a long sleep but has just woken up. I’m going to try and get to bed soon as I need some beauty sleep!

Tomorrow I have to finish a writing assignment and maybe work on F’s mask.  I hope I get stuff done. 

Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: