June 30, 2020

Tuesday - Cloudy, cooler and rainy

I woke up to an empty room this morning. I think I did hear F leave, but I didn’t wake up all the way. Yay.

I did my normal morning stuff, I watched the news, got dressed, went on my computer, I even sorted laundry so I could do a couple of loads of clothes. I did them while I had breakfast and caught up on my Facebook stuff.

I did take another nap this afternoon, I got tired and I didn’t have a lot that needed to be done then. It was fine.

I made a bottle of cold-brewed fruit tea downstairs and vowed to come back later and take out the tea bags.  I did a couple of hours later, even found a space for the bottle in the fridge. 

I worked on F’s mask for a few minutes tonight. I only did a little hemming, but it was okay. I also have to plan out how to make the channel for the elastic. I did cut the sides a bit longer, but I think I should really double the fabric there so I’ll have to see if I can cut a couple of pieces for support. 

I went downstairs to work on dinner around 5:30 or so. A lot of what I was serving was leftovers. There’s still oodles of pasta salad…yay because it is yummy. I used up the last of the bibinba mix and instead of using it as bibinba, I treated it more like a pilaf. I sautéed some mushrooms and put a flavour packet on them, they were nice. We also had sautéed pork. They were like pork chops but without bones. I wasn’t sure if it was okay for F, I hope so. I cut the chop up for his mother as she’s not great with forks and knives. Dinner was pretty good. I enjoyed it, I think everyone else did too. I did notice before I made dinner that K had had a visitor and had given them some of my tea! If she had asked me I probably wouldn't have minded too much, but I had specifically made it for our dinner! There are a few other drinks around so she really didn't have to "steal" mine!

I did the dishes. F was doing his usual thing about not feeling well. I get that he isn’t well, but dammit, why can’t the doctors find something to fix him with?

I told F earlier that I had to go out tonight but he was in bed when I went upstairs. I reminded him and then left him for a while. It was getting close to 10 pm when I asked him if we could finally go.

We did a couple of things when we went out. We went to the drugstore first where I got something and then hit up MaxValu. F wants to have fish tomorrow so I told him that he is in charge of cooking it. I’ll cook the other things, but I really, really don’t cook fish. He had a bit of a dizzy spell in the grocery store and we had to stay in one place for a while. We came out and came straight back to the house.

We put the groceries away and then came upstairs. I took a shower and have just been blogging since then. 

Not sure what I’m going to get up to tomorrow. I have to do a bit of writing for my women’s group and well, it is Canada Day after all! Hopefully, I can do something to celebrate! I hope. 

Come back later if you like and see how my Wednesday is. Until tomorrow….

2 comments:

Marta Mae said...

I hope your husband feels a little better! I am amazed how hard he works and how much he does every day after work. If I was coming home that late, I would just probably crash in my bed expecting somebody to bring me my dinner. I would watch TV for an hour and simply go to sleep. Definitely wouldn't go out after 9 p.m.! He is a super-human! :)
Feel you about cooking the fish...

Helen said...

Thanks Marta! I think I needed to hear an outside perspective. I don't know if he's feeling better today, I hope so.

Going out after 9pm is actually a good way of social distancing! The shops aren't busy then, and the ones we went to yesterday do stay open a bit late.

Everytime I cook fish here I get it wrong apparently, so I refuse to do it. Fish is too expensive to muck up!

Have a great day!