July 2, 2020

Thursday - Cloudy, cool and rainy

I had a fairly good if quiet day today. I got up with my alarm, watched the news in English and then did my health checks here in the room. I did a load of laundry too. I really wanted to wash my extra masks, so did a bunch of other clothes too.

I worked on F’s mask again today. I got one of the edges sewed together, hopefully, I can get a bit more done tomorrow. I’m a tad worried about the channel I’m making for the elastic, so I may have to do a bunch of basting to make sure it will all turn out okay. 

I went downstairs to start dinner just a little after 5 pm tonight. Dinner was going to be quite involved. I realized halfway through my prep that I was going to have to use my stir-fry pan twice, which meant I’d have to use it for the stir-fry and then wash it. Darn! Tonight I made Gapao Rice and did the fried egg on top, with a salad, some pasta salad and an eggplant/onion/zucchini stir-fry. It got fairly good reviews. Yay.

F was having another bad night tonight so I did the cleanup. I put on a couple of podcasts so at least I enjoyed my solitude.

I came upstairs and F was in bed and watching YouTube. He claimed to still be sick. Sigh. I know he isn’t well, but why can’t his doctors figure out what is wrong? We were supposed to be going out tonight to pick up a few groceries but when F asked me about going I didn’t want to go out. I’m not cooking dinner tomorrow night, so I don’t care if there is food in the house for dinner or not. Hopefully, my friend and I will be going somewhere nice and have a good chat. We’ll probably be wearing masks and such as much as we can. I’m looking forward to hearing all about the news from her part of the prefecture.

I did do one of my writing assignments for this month.  No, I didn’t write my column yet, but I did write something for the Area Rep’s newsletter. Yay me!

Not sure what I’ll be doing tomorrow. I have a few things I need to do like wrapping my niece’s present or working on the mask again, or watching another movie that I have on the DVR. Many exciting things!

Come back later if you like and see what happens on Friday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: