July 13, 2020

Monday - Rainy and cloudy

Last night after I went to bed, I had to get up and grab my blanket. I was cold! For the last few days I’ve been sleeping under a towelket, but last night I needed a blanket too.

This morning I woke up to an empty room. I had my casual relaxing morning and went downstairs to start some laundry and grab breakfast before I came upstairs. I washed our new sheet with a towel of mine that was the same colour.

I did another load of laundry a little later and hung everything in our room. I did watch a little bit of TV today, but not a lot. 

In the afternoon I tried to stay out of K’s way. She came up here again sweeping the floor. I’ve asked her not to do that, mostly because she does a lousy job of it as her eyes are bad, but also because I think it is dangerous to have her coming up those steep steps. I didn’t go out to grab the broom from her. I think she does it to see if I’m up here and to snoop!

F called around 5:30 and said he was on his way. I went downstairs and started working on dinner.  He arrived and then changed his clothes. He took his mother out to the temple and the cemetery, and apparently to the grocery store too. 

I got busy with dinner. Before he’d left, I’d cut up my zucchini, and cooked the mushrooms, but I had a few other things to do. I had asked F to call when he was on his way back so I could preheat the toaster oven and he said he would.

He did. I roasted some chicken in the toaster oven, set the table, and did all the things I needed to do for dinner. When K and F came back, things were almost ready. I took a couple of minutes to do the zucchini dish and it was darn nice.

We all had a nice meal, but nobody said very much. I ate quite a bit tonight, but I was hungry and my food was really good tonight!

I did the dishes again tonight. I holed up in the kitchen and put on a couple of podcasts and just got to work. I had just finished when K showed up with one last glass. I put it on the table. It wasn’t a drinking glass, it was a glass we’d used to put the chopsticks in so it wasn’t dirty. She’s been doing that to me lately, coming in late with one last dish and expecting me to wash it. I haven’t been doing it!

I came upstairs where F was already there. He was on the bed, engrossed in YouTube and not really in a good way. I never did watch any TV tonight, I was on YouTube for a while too. 

So that’s about it for me for tonight. Tomorrow F is off work, but he’s planning to go to one of his doctors tomorrow morning. I’m not sure what he’ll feel like for the rest of the day though. I hope that we get to go out and do something for a change! 

And that was my day. I hope that tomorrow is better! Come on back if you want and see what happens next. Until tomorrow….

No comments: