July 12, 2020

Sunday - Cloudy then rainy later on

I slept in a bit late this morning. I went to bed closer to 5 am than 4 am.  I did wake up a couple of times. I woke up around 10 to see if F still wanted to go to Costco and he said he didn’t, so I fell asleep again. Later on, he said he did want to so I had to talk him out of it again! He just wasn’t feeling that well and I think it would be better to wait until we had a plan of what to shop in for in Costco rather than just go and buy everything!

I got up around 12 I think. F went downstairs to make lunch for his mother while I got dressed and checked my groups for problems. Nothing happening there.

He came back just before 1:30 and I wasn’t too happy about it. All the good places would be past their last order, and I don’t like going to his favourite places. We had a discussion about places and I finally came up with a couple. 

We went to the first place, a meat restaurant, and F parked the car. We headed over to the door of the place and F suddenly said, “Oh no!” He’d forgotten his wallet. Ack!  We had to head back to the house and get it.

We went back to the same restaurant and were lucky enough to get in!  The waitress went out and put the closed sign on the door just after we went in. We had to wait for a seat, but it didn’t take that long. Unfortunately, the thing I really wanted, a hamburger, was already sold out, so I ended up having chicken cutlet with a miso sauce. F had roast beef on rice which kind of annoyed me because he isn’t supposed to eat red meat. And it was red, they serve it extremely thin and very rare.

I liked the chicken inside the cutlet but didn’t like the miso. I also didn’t eat all the rice nor the side dishes. It was okay, but I wouldn’t have it again in a hurry. 

We went off to S-Mall to visit the hundred yen shop for a while. I got a few things there, nothing too exciting though. Then, we went downstairs to Doutor and I bought F an iced coffee. It was the Premium iced coffee, the Ethiopian one I had last week. It was very nice. We made use of the wifi while we were there.

We were a little tired and it was raining so we came back to the house for a while. Around 6 F made a reservation at Kula Sushi for all of us, but it was busy. We wouldn’t be seated until 7:40 or so. Yikes.

We left the house around 7:20 or so and made it over to Kula Sushi in time. Unfortunately, it was really busy and we ended up waiting for about 20 minutes anyway. A very nice lady gave up her seat for K and then I was able to get one too. 

When we were able to be seated we had a fairly decent meal. I ordered us all some onion rings and a bowl of fries to share, F ordered some fried octopus. We got a bit of sushi too, and we even tried some of the weird new dishes on their menu…rainbow eggs…not a fan. They were crunchy and odd. F and I did like the cheddar cheese tempura though. 

We brought K back to the house after dinner and F saw her into the house. It was raining rather hard then. F and I went off to the grocery store and got stuff for tomorrow’s dinner. Tomorrow is the local Obon festivities so K and F will go to the temple after his work. F has taken Tuesday off work so I’m not exactly sure what we’ll get up to then.

We brought the groceries back to the house and F put most of them away. He didn’t quite get the salad in the fridge though!  I found it a couple of hours later lying by the fridge. 

We came upstairs and had a quiet evening in. I took a shower and after a bit wrote this. It is slightly earlier than last night, but I really should get to bed soon. F is sleeping away and that is a good thing. 

Come back later if you like and see what happens. Until tomorrow….

No comments: