January 8, 2021

Friday - Cold and snowy. Windy too.


F didn’t drag me out of bed this morning, but he did leave the room and left his alarm on. I woke up and asked if I had to go and shovel snow with him. He said I didn’t. I didn’t go back to bed. I waited until he left and then I got under the covers and watched the news on NHK. So much of it was about the situation in Washington DC. It was crazy.


I got up later, dressed, grabbed breakfast and ate it, watched a little YouTube and then around noon, I went outside and shovelled some snow. Since F had left this morning and the time I went outside, a snowplough had gone through the road. It left a big mound of snow that completely blocked F’s parking space. It took a lot of time, but I finally got it all cleared. I had to take all the snow down the road a bit and up onto a snowbank so I could throw it off into a vacant lot next to F’s house. It was hard work. 


I came back in when I finished, hung up my coat and then got my lunch. I came upstairs and ate. While I was eating F popped in and gave me some chocolate ice cream! That was a big surprise. He basically just gave me the ice cream and left! It was excellent stuff, quite delicious. 


I rested for a while, did some computer stuff and then watched the 4 pm news. I went outside again around 5:30 and shovelled a little more snow. The steps to the house were covered again and there had been a couple of inches of snow. 


I came into the house and started on dinner. K was up all of a sudden and in the living room.  I didn’t really know what to make. I had a brainwave and started looking for a chicken pasta bake type recipe. I found one, one that was quite simple and wonder of wonders, I had all, or very nearly, all the ingredients. Oh, I had to fudge them a little. Instead of raw chicken, I had canned chicken from costco, instead of fresh broccoli I had frozen, that kind of thing. Anyway, I made the casserole, baked it, and steamed some carrots to go with it. There was a tiny bit of leftover salad from yesterday, so I served all of that to K with some miso soup and some tea. You know what? It was pretty great!Yay for me. I washed the dishes and then went outside and checked the snow. Sigh. It had snowed more and there were two or three inches more of snow. I re-cleared the steps and then did a quick run-through of the parking area. I came back inside and then F called. He was on his way.


F arrived a little later and was very tired. I offered him some dinner and tonight he accepted.  I heated up some food for him and then he ate. His mother went off to bed and we chatted for a little. I washed some of his dishes, but when he made himself some noodles it was my cue to get out of there.


I went upstairs and turned on the heater. It was down to 8 degrees in our room. Yikes.  After F came back upstairs, I went down and took a shower. It was really nice because I had been afraid that I wouldn’t be able to in the morning. I couldn’t get the hot water to work, so it was nice to have hot water!


I came upstairs. F was in bed already. He talked about going to Costco this weekend, but I’m not sure. It’s really cold, the forecast is for more snow and it’s a long weekend. That is usually the time NOT to go to Costco. Looking at the forecast, Sunday might be possible, but I don’t know. If something happened and we couldn’t get back we both would worry about K.  So, we’ll see.


I watched some YouTube and then some TV. I’m going to go to bed fairly soon. I’m tired after all the damn snow-shovelling today. It was necessary and I’m glad that F didn’t have to do it. 


So, I’m not sure what we’ll get up to this weekend. I hope that it’ll be a good weekend, I hope you’ll come back and read all about it later.  


Come back in a bit and hear all about my Saturday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: