August 2, 2021

Monday - Extremely hot and sunny


I woke up in a puddle of sweat again. F had left earlier to go to his eye doctor. I got up, went downstairs and then came back upstairs and turned on the AC. I had a quiet morning. I watched a bit of YouTube and then F came back around noon.


He had called me to see if I wanted a bento for lunch (no) and said that I should find a place to have lunch. Okay. While he was gone, I turned to Google Maps on my phone and found a new place for us. I’d never seen this restaurant before, but I found a place that had curry and pasta and it wasn’t too expensive nor too far away. Woot. When F came back, I showed him the place I found and he agreed to try it with me. 


So, we got in the car and went off to Kissa Marina. It was nice. It was clean and modern, busy but not overly crowded, so it looked good to both of us. We got a table to ourselves and looked at the menu. F had a pork donburi for lunch and I had bacon and mushroom pepperoncino pasta. Our meals came with salad and soup and we had “sets” so we got drinks too. It was really nice. F said he liked his meal, I really enjoyed my pasta so we’ll probably go back. Woot.


I had to go to the post office to mail a parcel. Today is my lovely niece’s birthday and I’m just a little late getting her gift to her. We sent it from the post office. All was well until I tried to access the code for sending the parcel. I had to re-enter all the information again. Ack.  Still, I got it done. I paid for it to go off. It cost almost as much as the present did to send it!


We went downtown to S-Mall. I asked about going in and having a drink, but I also remembered the new boba tea shop across the street. So, we went there. The clerk wasn’t Japanese, which did surprise us a tad, but no worries. She said that the boba was finished for the day, but we could still have other drinks. We both had frappes. They were nice but not as cold as we hoped.  We thought about going over to the mall to do some shopping, but then remembered that we’d talked about going to the Chido Museum. After we finished our drinks, that’s what we did.


We went to the Museum and I got us in with my membership card. We went to our usual place to look at exhibits in the display building. It was quite interesting, all the exhibits were connected to Mt. Kinbo, which is a mountain that F worked on before. He was quite interested, so that was good. We also took a quick look at the garden afterwards. The museum had a stand of things that they are trying to get rid of as well. Today was thread! I was so surprised. I picked up a few different kinds. F was nice enough to make a donation on my behalf. I was planning to do it first, but he did. 







We drove back to S-Mall and went in. I wanted to go to Daiso and did. I picked up some snacks, some laundry equipment and F got a couple of things for his cell phone. 


We went downstairs and went to Doutor for a nice icy drink. We had a bit of time where we sat and relaxed. That was good. F started to ask about dinner. I suggested going to a place that we haven’t been to in ages, Youme-Shokudo. F liked that idea, so we drove back to the house in front of the restaurant, just to make sure it was open.  It was.


We grabbed K and took her off to the restaurant with us. We had a pretty nice meal. I had a spicy-mapo meal that I liked, F had grilled mackerel and K had ginger pork. F even got to watch his precious wrestling at the Olympics while we ate. Yay for him.


We dropped K off at the house again, and then we went off to get her some more canned tea. F has decided not to get her more soda since she drinks so much of it every day. Tea is probably better for her. 


We headed into the grocery store next and got food for the next couple of days. I got a few things to go with dinner tomorrow night and for Wednesday night. I hope it works out. 


We came back to the house and tonight I set F up with earphones for the TV. I have a couple of extension cords for headphones and then F got a new pair of earphones tonight. Well, I got my extension cords to work, but not his new earphones. Oh, dear. It was nice not to have sports blaring in my ears while I was on my computer tonight. He was happy because he could watch the Olympics and it didn’t bother me at all. I don’t know if we can use cordless headphones for the TV, but we might want to try them out and see them sometime.


Well, that’s about it for me. I showered tonight and thought about the fact that I didn’t go over my lessons tonight. I’ll have to do that in the morning. I’m off to work in the afternoon and it is supposed to be just as hot as it was today, maybe even more. 


Come back later if you want and hear all about my Tuesday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: