May 6, 2024

Monday - Cooler and Muggy, rain at night


I woke up early again this morning. I went downstairs and then came back upstairs to bed. I slept for a bit longer, but dragged myself out of bed around 11.  F suggested going out for lunch. I wasn’t really ready to, but I agreed to try one place he wanted to try. The other two places he had suggested were horrible. He couldn’t remember that we’d tried one already, and the other one really wasn’t that good. 


We got in the car and drove off. F made us stop at this restaurant that wasn’t even the one he had talked about and made me go in. It was basically a ramen shop but they also had niku soba. F seems to think that was okay for me. It wasn’t the nicest place at all. We were able to sit at the counter, but the amount of slurping going on around me was gross. I didn’t enjoy the food.  It wasn’t terrible, but considering F didn’t even talk to me and the place was packed, I just hated being there. I was the only woman in the place too. I had hoped that we’d go somewhere nice since this was the last day of the holiday. Nope. 


We went for coffee at Komeda after “lunch” and got a tiny table as they were quite busy. I had some decaf coffee, F had an iced coffee.  When we had finished our drinks, we came back to the house. F had made himself an appointment for a massage at 4 pm. I agreed that I’d go to S-Mall with him and get dropped off. However, the soba (all those carbs) made me sleepy. I put on my pjs and took a bit of a nap. I didn’t really fall asleep, but I did rest a bit.


I got dressed again around 3 and then I went downstairs before F.  I went out to the car and got in. Soon I heard F do stuff like water the plants and cut down leaves on another bush. I realized that he didn’t know I was in the car! I called to him and he was surprised!


He dropped me off at the mall and I went in. I did a little shopping, a lot of walking around the mall and a bit of ice cream eating! I stopped at Baskin Robbins and had a cup of ice cream. It was nearly time for F to finish his massage, so I went to the washroom and then headed to Doutor.  I bumped into F coming out of Doutor. He’d gone in looking for me and of course, I wasn’t there yet.  He’d forgotten his cell phone at the house, so he couldn’t contact me!  


We went into Doutor and I had a small drink and he had an ice cream cone…soft ice cream. He said it was good. My rooibos was nice. 


During our time in the cafe, F suggested going to karaoke tonight. I was a bit surprised, since F still hadn’t gone to the onsen. He seemed to be quite interested in going to karaoke. I suggested eating while we were there too. However, we would have to buy our groceries first. 


We went to Mina, the grocery store. F came in with me and wasn’t as annoying as usual! I got groceries for the next few days and F picked up some stuff for his mother’s dinner and her lunch tomorrow. The bill was a bit expensive so I’m glad that he came in with me.


We came back to the house and I put away the groceries. I took some of the stuff upstairs and then we were ready to go again.


We were able to get into a karaoke box right away, so that was good. We got free time and then F ordered us some food. I had a bibinba, he had yakisoba and okonomiyaki and we had a few other side dishes.  I sang quite a lot of songs, F sang too for a while, but then stopped. We had drink bar, we had some soft ice cream and the food was okay but not great. 


We finished a little after 9 pm as F has to work tomorrow of course. We came back to the house and came upstairs. I had a shower a bit later and then watched some YouTube and relaxed a bit. 


And that’s where I am now. I’m tired and I should get to bed soon. 


That’s Golden Week done and dusted. The first two days of this long weekend were good, yesterday and today was not so good. It ended fairly well today, but F really gets angry at times for no reason. It’s rather annoying. 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….


No comments: