May 5, 2024

Sunday - Hot and sunny


I woke up quite early this morning and made a trip downstairs. On my way down, I bumped into F who was on his way up! He told me that his mother was on her way to use the washroom, but I didn’t see her!


I went back to sleep, I’m not sure if F did too or not. When I woke up later I found a message from my friend in the next city. She was going to come to my city and was wondering if we could meet up with her and her children to have coffee. I was happy that she had time for us, so when F came back to the room I told him about her message. I asked him for suggestions of a coffee shop. All of a sudden he started talking about ramen shops. What?  I told him that I wasn’t interested in ramen and neither was my friend. We were talking about coffee shops. He decided to storm out and go to a ramen shop. (At least that’s what he said he was going to do.)  I texted my friend back and said that I was okay to meet up if she would pick me up and that F would not be joining us. 


I got dressed and waited for my friend. She arrived around 1pm in her new to her car. She came bearing cake!  I took it and put it back in the house. F was back by now but didn’t say anything to me at all. My friend, her children and I drove off to Cocos and had lunch there. 


We had a good time and enjoyed our meal. The kids were pretty well behaved and I kept us adults supplied with drinks.


After lunch, we went over to the shoe store and my friend and her son bought shoes. I kept an eye on her daughter and asked her about different shoes in the store. It was quite funny. She was wearing gold shoes and only wanted to look at other gold shoes. Surprisingly, there weren’t very many gold shoes available!


After the successful shopping trip, they dropped me back off at the house.  The car was gone.  I went into the house and said hello to K. I decided that since I was feeling okay and my knees weren’t too bad, I’d go into the garage and get my fan out. I did that. The stairs in the garage are horrible and are so steep. I went up like it was a ladder and I came down the same way, bringing down my electric fan with me. 


I went up to my room, set up my fan and then had a drink. I was really thirsty, even though I’d drunk a lot earlier! I stayed up there watching YouTube and doing stuff on my computer. I went downstairs around 5 and heard F in the kitchen making noodles. I saw him sitting at the table with K and was a little put out that he was eating again.


I went back upstairs and then around 6 pm F came upstairs. He was surprised to see me. He didn’t think I was back yet! Seriously?I’d been back for a couple of hours at that point. 


F didn’t seem to be angry at this point. He wasn’t feeling well, which didn’t surprise me. After a couple of hours I asked if he’d like to eat something and he said yes. 


We went over to Gusto and had an okay meal. I didn’t have a “meal”, I had a few smaller dishes and that was nice. I had a salad, some fried chicken and F and I shared an order of fries. 


We came back to the house after our meal and I decided not to take a shower tonight. I probably should have, but didn’t! Instead I watched another episode of Sugar on Apple TV+ and then one of The Red Green Show. It was silly.


Tonight, I tried to fill out my passport application on my computer. It worked for a bit, but then I had to stop it and I couldn’t go back to it. That was annoying. 


Anyway, that was my day. We have one more day of holidays and I really hope that F is in a better humour. Tomorrow we’ll have to do the normal things that we usually do on Sunday, things like getting food in for the next couple of days. 


Come back later if you like and hear about my Monday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: