January 16, 2014


Thursday - Cold and a little snowy

A good day.

I got up this morning and checked my email.  After that, I had to deal with some email from all my work yesterday.  It took a while, and when F called me around 11:30 I was still in my PJs. He was inviting me out for lunch.  Woot!

I changed and got ready to meet him.  We went to the nearby Chinese restaurant and had a nice meal.  I came home afterwards and went back on my computer.  After a while I couldn't keep my eyes open, so I took a nap on the couch.  It helped a lot.  It didn't last that long.

F was a little late tonight as he had to do some driving for work.  I took the chance of trying something new while he was away.  I tried out the Corner to Corner afghan stitch.  I had bought some special yarn for it, so I gave it a try.  It went really well and is quite easy, which I like.  I will try to make myself a lap blanket as I'm a little cold at night at my computer. I have some leftover baby yarn that might make a cute baby-ghan too.  Oh the possibilities!

We had dinner at Kintaro Sushi tonight, after driving around to several restaurants looking for good places to go.  It was so empty when we went in.  It is so sad.  I worry that a lot of people are going to Kappa Sushi instead.  

We bought some groceries after dinner.  I'm going to do pasta again tomorrow night to finish up the pasta sauce.  It is too nice to waste.  We'll have spinach fettuccine and salmon with alfredo sauce.  It sounds nice, doesn't it?!

We came home and watched TV.  F watched skating for a bit and then at 11 I watched Once Upon a Time.  I did a bit of crochet then too and I think I may have finished the length I need for my hat.  I'll check it tomorrow and see how it goes.  

And that was really about that.  It was a pretty good day. Tomorrow I have to go to the post office and mail off some cards, and I might even get to finish up my hat.  I hope so!  Wish me luck!  Night.

No comments: