January 11, 2020

Saturday - Cold and snowy

I had a bit of a laidback day. I got up around 9ish, had breakfast and some tea and then took a shower.  I didn't do too much around the house today. I probably should have started packing my clothes, but I didn't. 

After lunch and hockey practice, my sister took me out. She dropped me off at the Walmart and then she went grocery shopping.  I did a bit of shopping. I got some undies and also tried on quite a few dresses and leggings.  I bought some of the leggings, but not the dresses.  There was one that I really liked, but it wasn't quite the right size so I had to leave it.

I wasn't sure how long my sister would be, so I was wandering around my area looking for her.  I was quite surprised when a woman I didn't know came up to me and asked if I was Helen!  Turns out she was a friend of my sister and my sister was looking for me!  She texted my sister to say I was found and a few minutes later I met my sis.  My sister had been looking for me for 30 minutes she said!

I paid for my shopping and we left the store and came back to the house.  I had a mini veg and a little later I went upstairs to have dinner.

After dinner I came downstairs to watch a video. I thought I was watching one with my niece, but she did homework upstairs instead.  She did set up Aquaman for me though.  I watched it and was really enjoying it when the DVD stalled!  Oh no.  I went upstairs and asked for help, and then got some from my nephew.

After my movie was over I went upstairs and watched the end of an X-Men movie.  It was lovely.  After that, everyone headed to bed.  Tomorrow evening I think I'm going to a hockey game. It's my first time this trip seeing my nephew play, so I'm excited in a way.

I've only got a couple of days left in Canada. It just feels like the time had flown by.  I've really enjoyed myself this time and if it wasn't for my poor hubby being over in Japan I'd happily stay longer.  

Come back later and see what I get up to tomorrow. Until tomorrow....

No comments: