January 12, 2020

Sunday - Cold!  It's - 25 degrees Celsius outside

A good day. I woke up this morning around 6:30, visited the loo and then went back to sleep.  I finally got up around 10 am. Yay me.

I finally got up, had breakfast and then came back downstairs and attempted to pack my suitcases.  I got one done, but I will probably have to repack it since I need it to carry more weight!

We had an earlyish dinner as we were all planning to go out tonight.  My nephew was playing in an ice hockey game tonight.  Most of us bundled into a car and we drove to the arena in Edmonton.  The game was rather exciting and the teams were well matched. The game ended in a draw, which isn't allowed in Minor Hockey week apparently, so it went into sudden death.  One of my nephew's team-mates got a penalty so it was one of his team members against two of the other team.  The team member got a breakaway and managed to score so my nephew's team won!  Hurray for that.  The other team played well, but they had a few penalties as well.

We came back to the house and I had a cup of tea with my niece.  She had to work today so couldn't come to the game with the rest of us.  We took a few family photos and that was rather fun.

I came downstairs and had a chat with my hubby.  I had forgotten that Monday is Coming of Age day so he had the day off.  It was nice to talk to him.  I reminded him that I'll be back on Thursday his time!

Everyone upstairs was getting ready for bed.  We watched a bit of the National News where they talked about the Memorial services for the Canadians killed in the plane shot down by Iran. Many of the people were based in Edmonton so they said on the news that the place where the service was held was over-full and many people weren't able to go in. I didn't know any of the people personally, but that doesn't matter. I am so sorry for their families and friends.

And that's about it.  I just found out that my bid for a Premium Economy seat on the way back was accepted!  I'm a bit stunned. I thought I wouldn't get it and half thought about cancelling my bid. However, I didn't.  I'm a little happy about it!

Come back tomorrow as I'll likely post before I go to bed...if I don't, then I'll catch you later in the week in Japan.  Until tomorrow....

No comments: