September 13, 2010

Monday - Rain…under a weather advisory.

We were woken up this morning by a really bad thunderstorm with rain that sounded like hail. Scary!

When I woke up the next time, F had gone to work and it was time for me to get up. I did get up and proceeded to have a busy day. I checked email, then got to work.

In the kitchen today I made vegetable soup in my crockpot. Last time the potatoes and carrots stayed quite firm, so today I parboiled them in my frypan before putting them in the crockpot. Success! I cut up potatoes, a carrot, celery, an onion and a quarter of a cabbage. I should probably have parboiled the cabbage too, but really it didn’t matter. Into the crock with it all, plus some reconstituted chicken stock cubes and water.

I also prepped the ginger pork for tonight. I grated the ginger, added some soy sauce to it, and spread it over the thin pork pieces we bought last night. Stuck it all back in the fridge to marinate.

I did some computer work while I watched this weekend’s TV. CSI: Vegas was cool as it had Henry (E.T.) Thomas on and Cold Case was interesting as it was about a pin-up girl. Royal Pains was okay too. I’m still debating about that show. I think it’s a good summer replacement, I’m not sure if it’s worthy of a long run. We’ll see.

Before 4 pm I noticed the rain was mostly stopped so I took a quick ride over to the post office. I cashed in more of Fumihiko’s coins and also got a postal money order to pay for my passport renewal. Hurray for me. I took the total of the coins out of my account then. We decided we’d use the money to pay for our fancy dinner out this week. The rain came on really strong when I was in the post office, but then thankfully stopped when I finished. I got back home mostly unscathed.

When I was home, I parked my bike and then swept the lobby of our apartment building again. It still didn’t seem that bad, but did need doing. It took me ages and I was sweating profusely when I finished. It was so humid.

I came back in and got out my shredder and started to use it. Fun! I shredded a lot of old envelopes with my name and address on them, and also a few requests for money from various charities.

I went back on my computer for a while until F came home. When he did, I kicked dinner into high gear. We had soup, followed by ginger pork with salad and celery sticks and dressing to dip. It was good. F bugged off at the end, so I did the dishes. To be fair, he did come back and offer to do them, but I knew he was tired. After they were done, I had more coffee and then computer time.

This evening has been quiet. We watched That 70’s Show and then the rain came back and our TV died for a bit. Didn’t matter as I turned it off anyway.

That’s it for me. Tomorrow I’m back at work, but I have an earlier class. I’ll have to get to my school earlier then. I hope it doesn’t rain too much tomorrow. I don’t like getting wet before work. Talk to you later. Bye.

No comments: