February 28, 2011

Monday - Cool but sunny. Academy Awards day!

An okay day.

I woke up early, before my alarm and decided to get up and stay up so I wouldn’t miss any of the Academy Awards. I got myself ensconced in my chair in front of the computer and I proceeded to Facebook the Academy Awards Ceremony. It turned out that a friend in Canada was also watching so we had a little conversation going on during the Oscars which made it a lot of fun for both of us!

I enjoyed the show, I may have been the only person who did, as James Franco has generally been lambasted for his part, but I thought it was cool. I have to admit that when Colin Firth won for Best Actor I let out a cheer. I hope my neighbours didn’t hear! I’ve been a huge fan of Colin Firth’s for years and seeing this hard working actor get some recognition was great.

Basically, for the first few hours of the day I didn’t do anything at all. I was glued to my TV! After the broadcast finished I took a shower and got down to other things.

F was late tonight and didn’t come home until 8 pm. I was supposed to go out and get some ingredients for dinner, but I decided not to. Sadly, he wasn’t feeling that well and we had a bit of a spat before going out to eat.

We had a quick dinner at Gusto then came home and watched a bit of the re-broadcast of the Academy Awards. F hadn’t seen them. I restarted my movie column and totally changed the topic so I had a lot of work to do. I still have a bit left. Sigh. I tried quite hard to get it done tonight, but I wanted to blog a bit.

That was my day. It was okay and worshipping at the Temple of Oscar was fun today. Night!

2 comments:

JY69 said...

I was once in LA with my parents and we drove past the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion (where they used to be held) not knowing it was Oscar's night! We saw all the limousines, the red carpet, all the media lined and was going "what's going on..." then realized they were already getting ready for the red carpet line up of stars!!!

Helen said...

I was taken past it on a tour bus once, but it was in the middle of winter so there wasn't anything interesting happening there.

Lucky you! How cool is that?