July 17, 2012


Tuesday - Hot and sunny, cloudy

A good day.  I got up early this morning.  I really did.  Quite surprised myself too. It was a good thing I did get up as F came home for a quick visit and found me at my computer in the living room.  I watched SATC and then got on with my day.  

I did a load of laundry and also cleaned out the food trap in the sink and the one that we’re supposed to put waste food in, but someone never does.  I even cleaned the toilet today.  Bonus!

In the afternoon I took a mini nap as I was really tired, then finally scanned some cards and uploaded them to postcrossing.  While I was doing that I watched Anna Travis on WOWOW.  I was watching it for Ciaran Hinds of course, even though he played a cantankerous old git! When the show ended I biked off to the post office to mail the cards.

I came home and F came home a little later.  F had a nap and didn’t rouse himself until after 7.  Grr.  We drove over to Moku-Moku for dinner and it was okay.  We haven’t gone there in ages, so it was nice to go again.  We bought groceries in MaxValu and then came home.  On the way home I noticed that my phone had rung, but I missed it.  

My husband’s phone rang soon after we got home.  My student called him because I hadn’t answered.  Hmmmm.  All righty then, moving on.  I’m going to have a class tomorrow.  

I watched the rest of Sherlock tonight, but since I’d missed the first 20 minutes due to students and late husbands, I wasn’t able to get into it that well.  Double Grr.  

Watched the new show Unforgettable at 11 and did a couple of rows of my big blanket.  Think I might just put it aside until autumn!  The weather is too hot for working on a heavy blanket, and it’s far too big to keep it off my lap.  Still, I did a bit of it and that’s a good thing.  

That’s about it for my day.  It was okay.  I haven’t quite decided what to read next, but I’m leaning in the direction of The Hunger Games.  Or, I have a Bartimaeus novel to read.  Hmm.  Decisions, decisions.

Anyway, I must be off.  Night!

No comments: