Postcrossing - Incoming to August 17th

To August 17, 2013

I'm back with what might be my last Postcrossing post on this blog.  I have begun a new blog for Postcrossing, Little Epistles, and I hope to use it for individual cards rather than groupings of cards.  Sometimes I just don't have time to write about five or more cards at once so I am hoping the other blog will be more timely.

In the meantime, I'd love to hear from you about the cards in this blog entry.  Please click on the cards to see them larger.


The first card comes from Belarus and was sent by young Maja.  She's a future Olympic Champion at Track and Field. She says that she loves dogs and the sea too.
Letter to Elise No. 10
Yana Fefelova
I really like this card.  I looked up the artist and he/she? has done a series of this subject.

Ausra sent this card from Lithuania.  She writes that she is a mother and in her twenties.  She loves Jane Eyre's story very much and has read the book twice.  She hopes I like the card too.

Jane Eyre

Anna from the Ukraine sent this card from her collection.  She is now a mother and says her work now is more important than her work before.
Meryl Streep
These are the stamps that she used on the card.  They took the top third of the card up in space, but are lovely.  Thank you.


Wietze sent me the smallest card I have ever received from Postcrossing (so far)! The scan of the card is much bigger than the real card.  I am told that the picture is a typical cake from her province of the Netherlands.  It is called "Orange Cake".


Varya sent this card to me in an envelope.  She lives in a small Russian city and wishes me a great day.  Thank you!

I love this card.  Katharine Hepburn was always one of my favourite actresses, and this is a very beautiful picture of her. 


Katharine Hepburn


Gotochi Cards--Received as trades from other postcrossers

These were not regular postcrossing cards, but rather cards that I swapped with other members.  The Hiroshima Okonomiyaki one makes me smile, my local shop makes that kind and I love it!



On an early trip to Tokyo with F, we visited Tokyo Tower, so this card brings back some happy memories for me!

Well, there you are, 5 postcrossing cards, some stamps, and 3 lovely Gotochi cards.  What will be in my mail box next time?  Please follow my new blog Little Epistles to find out! 

No comments: