December 30, 2013

Monday - Cold, rainy and slushy

Not a great day.

I went to bed really late last night, so I slept in this morning, on purpose.  Kind of.  I got up, took a shower, F was sitting on the couch watching fighting crap.  

I wasn't hungry yet. I still felt stuffed from last night.  F did offer me some toast, but I didn't want any.  He had a nap on the couch and we talked about going out, but never did.  Finally, around 2:30 I had a slice of toast which for some reason gave F license to make himself ramen or something.  I didn't understand that.  

Finally we went out to the post office to mail a late Christmas card and then to the mall.  I went for Subway, F went for ramen upstairs.  I was finished oodles before him, so checked out the grocery store and then went upstairs to wait for him.  When he came out, we went into the 100 yen shop, he got a few things, I didn't, and then we came home.  Oh yeah, did I mention that F almost hit another car before we went into the mall?  In the parking lot a black car pulled out of their spot and F didn't see them, they didn't have their lights on.  He was swinging around a corner and getting way too close to the car.  I was yelling "STOP, STOP" and F finally listened to me just in time.  It didn't improve the mood of either of us. 

In the evening, F proceeded to take a long nap on the couch, which really ticked me off.  I didn't know if we'd be going out for dinner or not, but when he turned on the bath and put his pyjamas on, I found out.  

When he took his bath, I sewed on a couple of buttons on my new coat.  I had lost one on our trip to Kanazawa, and another one was loose.  Yay!  Good for me.  

After his bath, he had more couch time, but when he got up, I brought my food over to the coffee table and sat on the couch to eat it.  I paid for half of the couch, but when he's around I feel like I'm not welcome to sit on it. 

He finally went to bed after I was almost done eating.  It's been a not very good day, and I'm just realizing why I've been so antsy all day.  A couple of years ago we had a huge fight on New Years Eve and it has left me rather anxious about spending the holiday together.  I think I have to be proactive about the whole thing.  I'll maybe chat with him in the morning and see if we can head anything bad off at the pass.  

Anyway, that's it for me.  I'll probably update tomorrow night, but if I don't, I'll catch up with you soon.  Got to go.  Night!

No comments: