April 12, 2014


Saturday - Cloudy and warmish

A good day.  

I got up quite early this morning, but wasn't quite awake yet!  I sat on the couch next to F and slept there until Nigel came on!  I watched Nigel and enjoyed his show today.  It was all about hot and cold food…fun.

A little after 11am  F and I left the apartment for Machikine, the movie theatre.  We had lunch at the restaurant in the building and it was nice.  It just changed recently, and this was our first time to go there.  It was quite good.  We had different dishes.  I had tuna and nanohana pasta which was interesting, and F had chicken and tomato stew with rice.  They both came with soup, salad and dessert.  Mine tasted good, but the texture of the tuna was a little strange.  I don't know if I'd have that dish again.  

Then, we went to see 20 Feet from Stardom, the Academy Award winning documentary.  I really enjoyed the documentary, although they didn't mention my favourite back-up singer, Helen Terry.  Then again, she wasn't a US back up singer.  

After the movie, F and I went for a drive.  We ended up along the shore and went into the tomato farm shop for something.  I thought about ice cream, but we got an apple pie thingy instead.  Then, we went to the nearby convenience store for a drink.  I got some tea, F got what he thought was coffee until he put it on the counter.  After he paid for it, we realized that it was corn soup.  Yuck.  

We came back into Tsuruoka and came home for a bit.  We had planned to go to a later movie, but decided not to do that.  We stayed home and ordered in sushi for dinner.  It was really nice.

We had a quiet and lovely evening. I made reservations for our Golden Week as well. I hope that works out!  F went to bed around midnight.  I think his toe is bothering him, poor guy.  I'm up watching old Sherlock.  I am waiting for the new Sherlock, but that won't be for a few weeks yet.  

Tomorrow, F wants to go to another town for lunch, so I have to get myself up early.  I'm hoping I can do that, but I'm glad we have plans.  I'll let you know how it goes!  Night.

No comments: