July 24, 2014


Thursday - Hot and Sunny

A good day.

I got up early today and put a load of laundry in right away. I surprised myself with that.  I checked email and such and then hung up the laundry when it was done.  At 10:30 I settled in for Charmed and breakfast and the newspaper, followed by a little bit of crochet.  

I was just finished making the bed and changing into house clothes when F called to see if I'd like to go for lunch.  I said sure, so had to change again!

We went to a gyudon restaurant where I had gyudon on tofu with miso soup on the side.  It wasn't bad at all.  

I came home and scanned the cards I was sending out, plus wrote two more while I watched DCI Banks.  I am enjoying the English Detective show that WOWOW is putting on in the afternoon.  A little after 4 pm, I raced off to the post office to mail my cards.

When I came home again I got started on the yogurt and cucumber salad.  I had drained a lot of the yogurt overnight, so it was thick and creamy, but I had to drain the cucumbers too.  Unfortunately I didn't rinse off the salt quickly enough so the salad was a bit salty, but honestly not that bad.  I got it all done and put in the fridge.

F phoned at that point to say that he'd be a bit late and I told him it was fine as the salad had to chill.  

When he came home later he cooked his udon or whatever, and I put out the other food.  I cut up the roast duck that we bought yesterday and put out the cucumber-yogurt salad and also a regular salad for me.  Dinner was nice.  No muss, no fuss.

We had a quiet evening in.  I watched my double shot of House & Bones, followed by a very interesting The Good Wife.  Really enjoy that show.  

I did have a funny thing happen when I was making the salad today.  The garlic powder had caked, so I was loosening it up with a spoon.  Suddenly, the now loose garlic came cascading out of the bottle and sprayed me from head to toe in garlic powder.  It went everywhere.  It stuck to my t-shirt and my undershirt and we won't even mention what other places it ended up in.  I told F that when I wash my clothes, the washing machine is going to smell like garlic soup for a while!

That's about it for me. Tomorrow I'm meeting a friend early for a change.  We'll have tea or something, maybe a bite to eat, and of course, lots of talk!  After that, who knows?  Come back tomorrow and find out!  Night.

2 comments:

Crafty Tokyo Mama said...

There must be something in the air causing us to make a mess. I spilled all the fresh bird seed out of my parakeet's feeder, too. I don't know how I did it, but the whole thing spilled all over the floor, and seeds rolled everywhere. That was quite a clean-up job; one of those jobs that leads to another and another and another, until you realize you've cleaned the whole house. You know the kind. I bet the garlic got into all the nooks and crannies, too. Let's blame it on the heat. Whew!

Helen said...

Almost the same....the garlic powder got into all of MY nooks and crannies, not the apartment's though!

Glad you can relate though! I can imagine how tough it is to clean up all that seed...same general principle....