August 11, 2014


Monday - Rainy & overcast

A good day.

I got up this morning a little early, but decided to sleep until 9 ish.  I checked email and such and instead of watching my usual programme watched a bit of The Hobbit.  That was fun.  I did watch Charmed afterwards though, and I finished the lovely little flower for my purse.  It turned out quite well.  

After 12 F called me to say that he'd be coming home briefly and he asked if he could bring me something.  Bonus!  I asked for roasted chicken and he had to go to a couple of places for it for me, but did.  He got me some and picked up the clothes he needed.  

In the afternoon I relaxed for a bit, but around 4 started on my dinner prep.  I cleared the table and then made croutons!  I haven't done that in ages, but it was fun making them with homemade bread.  They were yummy!  

I washed the lettuces and cut up a bit of cucumber after F came home.  He brought more cucumbers for us!  I also washed and chopped up some green onions. When F had finished his shower, I asked him how soon he'd like to eat and was able to say that dinner could be soon.  I sliced the duck pastrami and put it on the table.  Everything was ready.  We could make our own salads, and add in as much cucumber, onion, croutons, dressing and parmesan cheese as we wanted.  It was really good!

F did the dishes afterwards and then we went to the grocery store to see about getting some veggies for tomorrow night's dinner.   I picked up some asparagus and some broccoli and something for Wednesday's dinner too. I don't like being accused of always wanting to go out for dinner, especially when I really don't want to go out all the time!

We came home and had a quiet night in.  I watched the end of X-Men and then Star Trek: Insurrection, which was awesome in it's Trekkie-ness.  I haven't seen the Next-Gen cast for such a long time, it was a treat.  I wrote up a couple of postcards, I'll maybe write a couple more tomorrow before I mail them out.  

A couple of bright spots today.  I received a couple of personal postcards today.  My sister and my niece both sent me one from their holiday.  I also got a book in the mail today so that was a lovely treat.  

No idea really what I'll do today, but I'm looking forward to finding out.  Come back tomorrow and I'll tell you all about my day!  Night.

No comments: