November 17, 2014

Monday - Rainy and cold

A good day.

I was able to talk to my sister and my nephew last night before I went to bed. It was really lovely talking to them face to face!  I got to see just how my nephew’s braces are and heard all about the family going ons.  

I went to bed and had a pretty good night.  This morning I first woke up just when F was getting up, then went back to sleep for a bit more sleep.  I did wake up before my alarms this morning, but for a change decided to just get up.  Good decision.

I had a quiet and relaxing morning.  I watched X-Files and did a little bit of crochet, read two newspapers and had breakfast.  It sounds busy!  F made a quick stop home, and after he was off again I took a shower.  

In the afternoon I scanned my cards as well as having lunch.  I watched Broadchurch too.  I’m hoping its getting near the end as I don’t want to miss any when I’m away.  

I was going to go to the post office with my card, but I ran out of time, so decided to let F take me out tonight to do it.  He would have to buy kerosene anyway, so I wasn’t making him go out.  

I got dinner started after he came home.  It was a bit more fiddly than I like, but was really good.  Tonight we had lemon pepper chicken, roasted romanesco (a cauliflower/broccoli hybrid) and sautéed swiss chard.  All very yummy.  We had a caesar salad with it too…or the lettuce for one.  We didn’t eat until 7:30ish though.  

F did the dishes and after a bit of relaxation on both our parts, we decided to go out for kerosene.  We picked some up and then F drove by a mailbox for me to drop off my cards.  They’ll probably go out tomorrow.

We came home and I made some tea. This was different than usual, it was ume kombucha, and was a nice treat.  I’d found the packet while I was decluttering and it hadn’t expired yet!

I watched Person of Interest from the couch and sewed in the ends of all my little squares.  Whew! And that was really about it for my day.  These days I feel like I have so much to do, but no time to do any of it.  Ack!  


That’s it for me.  Talk to you tomorrow.  Night!

No comments: