April 10, 2015

Friday - Clear and then cloudy with a little rain

A good day.

I got up this morning and turned on the TV.  I had a normal sort of morning, except I did some laundry right off the bat. At 10:30 I prepared to watched America’s Next Top Model, only to have the screen go blank and a message come up that I had to pay for the channel if I wanted to keep watching.  NO!!!!  Blooming heck! It’s been free for months.  

I changed tactics and watched a couple of things from my DVR and enjoyed them.  I watched Downton Abbey which was terribly sad today amongst other things.  

In the afternoon I scanned my cards and then took them to the post office.  There was a new worker there and she seemed a little nervous at first, but was quite good actually.  She even told me about the 70 yen postcard stamps, which no one in the post office had even mentioned before.  I bought some and some regular stamps too.

I came home and got a start on dinner.  After much humming and hawing I decided to roast the carrots I bought on Wednesday.  I got them in the oven before F even came home.  Dinner didn’t take too long.  Today we had sautéed chicken, salad and green onions and roasted carrots.  It was all quite delicious and F seemed to like it.

He asked me if I’d like to go and walk to the park, so I said I would.  We walked over, but things aren’t quite in swing yet.  There were a few stalls open, but since F doesn’t believe in buying from them it didn’t matter anyway.  Somewhere/somehow today I managed to hurt my leg.  It was quite painful every time we stopped for a bit and I had to get it started afterwards.  Poor me!

We came home via a convenience store and watched a little TV.  I did anyway.  F slept on the couch for a bit and then went to bed.  The rain is really bothering his neck again.  He was just up for a couple of seconds.  


I’m not sure what we’ll be getting up to this weekend.  The weather forecast isn’t good and I’m not really sure what F will feel like doing.  Come back later and find out.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: