September 9, 2015

Wednesday - Cloudy and rainy

A good day.

I woke up this morning around 6 am because my husband’s sister texted him.  He thought it was my phone and asked if I got a message…of course it wasn’t and I didn’t.  He checked it and it was about his niece’s wedding next month.  Interesting stuff, but not at 6 am!  

I went back to sleep and ended up waking up around 8:30.  F was long gone to work.  I was going to go back to bed, but knew that if I did I’d never get up.  It was so dark and gloomy, it felt like the middle of the night.  I made an executive decision to sit on the couch and snooze there.  Of course I half fell asleep and barely woke up half an hour later.  

I had a snoozy morning, I did read my blogs and watch my show, but I was half asleep.  I was also drinking some decaf tea, which didn’t wake me up at all! I also skipped my workout today as I left it so late that I really couldn’t justify doing it.  

In the afternoon, I did get a little busier.  I finally got out the vacuum cleaner, cleaned the apartment and then cleaned off my two suitcases.  I put one inside the other and yes, it did fit.  Whew.  The only thing is that it is quite heavy.  Sigh.  I had put some stuff for the trip inside already, I may have to rethink some of the stuff I’m taking.  Or not!

I also washed a bunch of my jackets. I have to think about what I’m going to take with me and do it carefully.  I think I’ve almost settled on a light fleece jacket and a shell that should fit over it.  Between the two of them I should be mostly okay, unless we get full on snow, which is apparently forecast for next week.  Grr.

F was very late today.  He didn’t come home until 8pm.  He had to stay late because he was driving someone.  

We talked about where to go for dinner and decided on Cocos.  It wasn’t too crowded, so we got seated right away.  In a strange turn of events, I had steamed salmon and F had grilled chicken.  So, he had chicken and I had fish!  Mine was good though. It was one of the Autumn specials and I liked it a lot. It was a bit expensive though.

After dinner we went grocery shopping and I got food for the next couple of days.  Tomorrow we’ll be having hamburgers, the day after chicken.  I think it’ll be okay.  I bought some veggies that I want to try cooking.  I even got kabocha, which F isn’t a big fan of, but I am! 

We came home and I watched a bit of TV and did a motif on the long forgotten project I was doing for my sister.  Unfortunately, I’ve forgotten the tension I was using and my latest motif is too big.  That means that the runner I was making will not look great.  I spent some time looking for a new pattern on the web and may have found something.  I’ll likely try it out and see how it goes.  


And basically, that’s about it for me. I’m not sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow.  The weather is all kinds of horrible in other areas, so I’m not sure what we’ll have. If it is bad, I’ll likely stay home, if okay, I might run out for a bit. I have some errands to run.  Come back in a bit and see what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: