October 28, 2015

Wednesday - Cool and a bit cloudy

A good day.

I got up this morning and did my usual stuff.  I watched some TV, I did a workout from a different DVD too.  It was very challenging for me.  I also finished just before F came home for lunch.  Whew.  I don’t think he gets that I like to exercise close to noon and sometimes afterwards.

In the afternoon I did a few things around the apartment and even washed some of the new towels that we bought at Costco so we can start to use them.  I had the oddest conversation with F tonight though.  I want to cull the old kitchen towels, especially the ones that have been stained or are getting a bit worn, so I asked him if he’d like to have some of the old towels for cleaning the car or whatever.  He started telling me how he’d use them for the kids at his work.  I told him that I couldn’t in good conscience let him use my old kitchen towels for the kids to use for their faces like he was talking about.  I told him that he could use them for their feet if they were going to the beach, for example, but he couldn’t use my old towels for children’s faces.  Then the penny dropped and we both realized that we were talking about different towels.  I meant my old ratty ones, he thought I meant my nice new towels….why on earth would I give those ones away??? He thought I didn’t like them! 

I did a bunch of dishes tonight, there were quite a few leftover from lunch today.  When F came home, the kitchen was fairly tidy.  

We went out for dinner to Fireball for a change. I haven’t been there in ages so it was nice to go again.  When we arrived, the place was empty and they had U2 playing on the stereo.  It took me right back to my college days, and what with the recent events that happened at Augustana I was feeling very natsukashi.  I wanted to dance, and did in my chair and when I got up to go to the drink bar.  The Joshua Tree was one of the seminal albums of my college time, almost all my friends had it, and it really helped me have a great time tonight!  F and I ordered the set meal like always, so we had soup and salad and drink bar, plus smoked salmon and mushroom pasta in a vodka sauce and chicken throat spaghetti in a tomato cream sauce.  They were both great, but the chicken spaghetti was the best one tonight.  We got a little bit of dessert too.

By the end of the meal we were both quite stuffed, but in a good way I think.

We picked up some groceries and dropped off our recyclables at the store too. I’m going to try to make a decent dinner tomorrow night.

We came home and I watched a bit of TV.  F had a bit of computer trouble, but I got him sorted out.  Yay for me.  

Today was quiet but okay.  Come back later and see if I manage to get a bit more of my column written, and if dinner is all I hope it will be!  Until tomorrow….


No comments: