July 30, 2016

Saturday - Hot and muggy and humid with a spot of rain

A good day.

Guess what?  It’s terribly late again and I would like to get to bed before 4 am.  I probably won’t make it, but I’d like to be off my computer before then.  So…the bareish bones.

I got up a little late today and took a shower. When F came home we talked about lunch and today I suggested going to Kitchen Futaba.  We went and had a lovely lunch.  I had their meat plate, which was sautéed pork with salad, vegetable soup, scalloped potatoes and a baguette.  It was very nice.  

After lunch, we went to Yamaya and I picked up 4 cans of garbanzo beans and a couple of cans of tomato!  I’d better do a bit of cooking with them soon.  We got some drinks and F picked up some beer for himself. Next up we visited a drugstore and then went back to a DIY shop.  F bought something for work and then we were off again.  I suggested a drink, but also a trip home to change my shoes.  I’d worn a new pair this morning and my feet were a bit sore. 

We came home and instead of leaving again right away, ended up taking a long afternoon nap.  I got up a couple of hours later, F was a bit longer.  

We drove out to Mikawa in the evening.  I had suggested having dinner at the cheap and cheerful pasta place, and that’s what we did.  It was made even more cheap by my full point card, so yay for that.  We both had some nice pasta.  I had one of their cold ones, it was shrimp with asparagus, red peppers and tomatoes.  F had a peperoncino and seemed to like it.  

We did a little walking along the mall, visited Aeon but only bought some earplugs for me.  I don’t like the soft ones and need some earplugs.  We had a drink in Seattle’s Best and then went upstairs for the movie. We went to see The Legend of Tarzan and it was quite fun.  It brought back happy memories of my mum taking my sister and I into town to see Johnny Weissmuller Tarzan movies in Stavanger when we were kids!  Alexander Skarsgard is pretty hot and Jane wasn’t annoying.  The scenery was gorgeous too.

We came back to Tsuruoka afterwards.  F was being a tad annoying.  He asked if I wanted to eat anything (I didn’t) and I said I’d like a drink.  I suggested either going to the convenience store or the Don Qihote nearby for cheaper drinks.  He ignored both ideas and drove back to Tsuruoka.  When we got nearer I thought about suggesting Mos Burgers, but he went another way.  Then he proceeded to drive past each and every convenience store on the way.  Then he asked if I wanted to go to the grocery store.  Nope.  They have crappy drinks there.  We went to a convenience store that was further away, but we had already passed a couple on the way home.  Why?  I don’t get it!  

We came home and I watched a bit of TV and then F watched a bunch of local stuff.  He did put on Countdown TV which was very “natsukashi” for me.   I used to watch it when I first came to Japan to hear what music was popular in Japan at the time!  Now, I don’t really care that much.  


And that’s about it really.  I don’t have any idea what we’ll get up to tomorrow.  I hope it might be a quiet day.  Come back in a bit and see what happens.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: