December 17, 2016

Sunday - Clear but cloudy

A good day.

I woke up this morning with a running nose and watery eyes.  Is it my allergies again or something else?  I’m not sure.  Anyway, I went back to bed for an hour or so, but that turned into two hours.  Oops.  

When I got up, I took a shower.  F had made some bread, so I had a piece and made some instant coffee too.  Soon afterwards, we went out for a late lunch.  We went to the butcher’s shop/restaurant near my dentist.  Lunch was good, but as always I feel like a sardine at that place.  Not my favourite place to lunch at all, even though the food is good.

We went to S-Mall and had some tea or coffee and a little relax, then F bought a few food things for his mother.  I saw him off and then I went and did some shopping of my own.  I got him a few things that I won’t go into here.  I’m basically repeating a present I bought him a few years ago, but I’ve learned from some of my mistakes and I’m simplifying it a bit.

F called me the second I paid the clerk, so I hastily packed everything up so he couldn’t see it and then we went off together.  First we went to a drugstore to pick up more allergy medicine for me, and then we went to the movie theatre.  

Tonight of course, we went to see Rogue One.  It was really good.  I actually didn’t like it quite as much as last years Star Wars movie, but that was more of a personal thing.  I did really enjoy it though.  Poor F hadn’t steeped himself in the Star Wars history as much as me, so I think he was a bit lost at times.

After the movie, we went to Cocos for dinner and both had the same main dish.  We had a grilled chicken steak with a spicy yogurt sauce. It came with roasted potatoes too.  It was nice.  We both added on a set to it, I had a bun and the drink bar, F had rice and the drink bar.

When we finished dinner, we just came home.  I spent the last couple of hours writing up lesson plans and hoping like heck that I know what I’m doing!  I still have a couple of lessons to plan for this week, and then two for next week. However, I can’t really write up next week’s as I haven’t taught the class yet so don’t know how much we can cover!

And that is basically that.  Tomorrow F is planning to go to his mother’s in the morning and I’m planning to sleep in.  Then I’ll maybe go out for lunch and hopefully do something enjoyable in the afternoon.  Wish me luck with that!


Come back later and see what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: