June 24, 2017

Saturday - Hot and Sunny

A good day.

We got up fairly early this morning and took K out for breakfast.  We went to the local Gusto, no big deal.  We came back to the house, dropped her off, and then we headed to our doctor’s appointments.  

After our time in the clinic, we decided to have lunch, but we were still full from breakfast.  We went to Yamaya so I could pick up some decent granola.  I actually got muesli, but that’s okay!  F started driving around afterwards and we ended up at a shop that sells large sized clothing.  We had a snoop around and I got something for myself and something for my niece.  After that I asked if we could go to another clothing store in Tsuruoka.  

We were going to go to the yakiniku buffet place for lunch, but at the last moment, I remembered there was a Korean restaurant in the Kokusai Mura, so decided we’d try there.  We were fortunate that  it was still open for lunch so we had a yummy one.  I had a bibinba, F had a noodle dish, and we shared an order of chap chae.  Yum.  

We went to the other clothing store and I found a couple of things for my niece there. I hope they’ll fit her and that she likes them all.  

I told F that I had a cunning plan, so I took him to S-Mall for Baskin Robbins Ice Cream, and I paid.  They have a “Challenge the Triple” thing on at the moment, so we took advantage.  He ordered the large sized, I got the smaller and was very happy with that!

We went back to the house for a while and sat and had some cherries with F’s Mum.  That was nice, but I really just wanted a nap! After a bit, we left.  We picked up a bento for K and delivered it, then went for our light dinner.

We ended up at Kintaro Sushi and had a nice meal. It was surprisingly busy there tonight, the place was hopping.  

After sushi, we went over to the Machikinema and saw Manchester By The Sea.  It was a good movie, not all that easy to watch, but quite deep. Both F and I had some interesting thoughts about it on the way to the house. 

And that’s about it.  When we got back here to the house, F went to bed, me to my computer.  I watched a little telly.  

Tomorrow I’m not exactly sure what we’ll get up to.  We might go over to the Mikawa Mall as I need to get yarn for a new project.  Yes, another of F’s relatives has had a baby.  I just wish they’d tell me before the baby arrives!  And that’s it for me.  Come back later and see if we have a good day or not.  Until tomorrow….



No comments: