November 7, 2017

Tuesday - Sunny and warm

A good day.

I got up this morning a bit after F left, used the washroom and didn’t see my mother in law anywhere.  I went downstairs a couple more times in the morning, including once to get my breakfast.  I was going to prepare something for K as usual, but she wasn’t around.  She has sometimes skipped our breakfasts, but it doesn’t happen often.  I did some laundry after breakfast, still didn’t see her.  I started to get a strange, bad feeling, so decided that I really needed to check on her.  

A little after 12 I started up the water-pot in the living room and got some tea bags ready. I washed the cups and then went and knocked on her bedroom door.  I had to do it a little loudly as she doesn’t hear well.  I asked her if she’d like some “kocha” or English style tea, which is the type we have together and she stirred and said she would.  Whew!  I think she had taken some of her cold medicine and it had made her sleep late.  However, I’m used to her being up before me so was worried when she didn’t make an appearance.  I had terrible scenarios in my head about having to explain to my husband why I had let something happen to his mother!  Glad she was okay.  

We had our tea and I gave her a couple of buns that F had bought for her a day or two ago.  It was quite friendly.  

I finished doing my laundry and hung it all to dry.  In the afternoon, I had a late lunch and then did a few Postcrossings.  I was going to stop at two, but F phoned to say he was going to be late, so did another one too.  I scanned them, my incoming cards, and also the liner notes on a cd that a relative was a musician in the group.  

F came back to the house after 6:30.  We went out to get his mother some dinner first, and then we went out for ourselves!  We went to Gusto for the wifi and the food.  I had a sliced roast beef on rice with salad dish, F had ramen and didn’t complain about it.  Good grief.  I did warn him that he wouldn’t like it though.

After we finished eating we came back to the house and got changed immediately to go out for a walk.  It was later and colder than the last two nights, so we didn’t do a huge walk, but what we did was nice. 

We came back to the house and relaxed.  I watched some TV, F played with his phone for a while.  He’s off in dreamland now, and I’ll be going to bed very soon.  

Not sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow.  I’m hoping to do a bit of tidying up maybe.  I really feel like I should move some of the boxes that are still around me.  Wish me luck with that!  Until tomorrow….

No comments: