January 15, 2018

Monday - Warmer with some rain

An okay day.

I’m sick!  Wah!  A couple of hours after I got up I realized I couldn’t breathe and that has pretty much gone on all day. I am either plugged up or my nose is running. Sigh.  

The morning was good and quiet. I had breakfast upstairs, thought about going back to bed, but did laundry instead.  I did a couple of loads today.  I saw K first thing in the morning, then not again for a while.  

When I went down to grab my lunch, K was up and about, but she was wearing a mask, and I told her I had a runny nose too. I didn’t offer to make her lunch today but I did share some of the food that we bought last night.  She had some food of her own anyway.

I went outside before 4 pm and cleaned up a few bits and bobs around the house and garage.  It started to rain so I gave up and came inside. I wore my new hat and it was lovely and warm.  

F was late coming back tonight and since his mother wasn’t feeling well and neither were we, we decided to stay in and just have the rest of the curry.  We had bought naan last night, so F and K had some rice with theirs, I had naan.  F wasn’t feeling well either and the two of us got into a bit of an argument about something…oh yes, F pretended that he didn’t know how to put curry on my plate because I didn’t have rice on it first.  Umm…what?  I had opened two packets of naan, and then he refused to eat any of it.  I ate the contents of one packet with my (underheated) curry…why can’t he just make the curry hot?  He always heats things up until they are lukewarm.  Anyway.  We ate and things were okay.  

After dinner, I did the dishes and then went upstairs.  I knew F wanted to go to an onsen tonight but I said I wouldn’t go.  I have a mysterious bruise on my leg, plus a cold, I just didn’t want to go to an onsen.  I encouraged him to go, though.  I watched The Great British Bake-Off and he still hadn’t left!  When it was over, I asked if he was going to go out. He was, but to the store. I volunteered to go too, so that’s what we did.

We needed some batteries, but also got some food for both of us.  The curry just wasn’t cutting it tonight.  

We came back to the house, I took a shower and F relaxed.  He went to bed very early, and I think I’ll be close behind him. I’m tired and really not at my best today.  

No idea what I’ll get up to tomorrow. I hope it goes well.  Until tomorrow….


Alicia Quintard said...

Hi Helen,

My name is Alicia, and I want to start off by saying that your blog is great! It reminds of my time in Japan, I lived there for 18 months teaching English. And I'm so Canadian, so cheers haha!

I also want to share with you a project that I'm sure will interest you. My friends Kevin and Steven have lived in Japan for years now and they've decided to start a printing company (47Regions) to put beautiful Japanese manhole covers on t-shirts. They hand-print them in Tokyo! Kickstarter is their first initiative, first launch of the project. So far, the campaign is doing amazingly well! We would love your support to help us reach our goal. We want to know if you're interested in sharing the project either on social media, on your blog, or even pledging yourself. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We have lots of pictures we can send you, and we also have a written article about manholes and the project in case you prefer sharing that instead of just the campaign. Please let me know if there's anything you can do to help!

Here is the link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2104039943/japanese-manhole-cover-t-shirts-hand-printed-in-to

Thank you for your time, looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

Alicia Quintard

Usman Makhdoom said...

This is why you're both fat...

Helen said...

Thank you so much for your "helpful" comment. It's very kind of you to care.