June 1, 2018

Friday - Cloudy and a bit muggy, cold

An okay day.

Another quiet day here.  I got up rather early and watched the news and then my show.  F popped in for a minute during that as he had a break in his day.  

In the afternoon I debated going to the post office to buy stamps but decided not to because I watched an episode of Sherlock instead. I enjoyed it.  Today I also started a posting thread about this weekend and suggested a few restaurants to a person who is visiting Tsuruoka today.  

When F came back after work today he suggested going to Mt. Haguro to check out where we’re going tomorrow.  I thought it was a good idea, but we had to get his mother a bento first.  We picked one up, dropped it off to her and then went on our way.  

We had a lovely drive out to Haguro. The sun was setting and it was gorgeous to look at.  We found a couple of places to park the car in and then drove on.  

The Torii of Mt. Haguro as we were leaving

F wanted to have dinner at the onsen, but I really didn’t want to. I’ve already eaten there this week—once is enough.  Truth be told, I’m tiring of Japanese food again.  Stuff is so high carb and unhealthy…blarg. He then suggested another place in Kushibiki which was okay…still mostly Japanese food, but I would be able to have something different.  

We got to the restaurant and they were still open.  Yay.  I had marbo-dofu on yakisoba. It was fine.  I would have liked a little more spice, but no problem.  

F wanted to come back to the house after our dinner, but I suggested going somewhere for wifi.  We went to McDonald’s.  F had a fries and milkshake combo, I had an ice cream cone and a drink.  

We came back to the house and watched tonight’s episode of The Good Doctor. It seems to be the one show that F will watch with me.  I hope he keeps it up.  

Tomorrow, a couple of people will come to Tsuruoka and F and I will meet them at the train station and take them out to Mt. Haguro. I’m looking forward to meeting one of the people since I’ve been her virtual friend for years.  Come back in a bit and see how our day goes!  Until tomorrow….

No comments: