Postcrossing - Incoming

To March 10, 2013

It's taken me a little longer than I expected to come back to this blog entry, but seeing as how it is a national holiday and I'm not doing anything productive, I thought I'd give it a try today.

As always, feel free to leave comments or questions about the cards or stamps below.


 Angela sent this great card of a younger Leonardo DiCaprio getting on his inner Bjork.  She writes that this photograph is by one of her favourite photograpers, Annie Leibovitz.  She likes her more than she likes Leonardo!  Angela is a fan of older movies and loves Cary Grant and Katherine Hepburn.   She says that she could watch old classics from the 30's through the 60's all day, every day!

Leonardo DiCaprio, Tejon Ranch, Lebec, California 1997
Photograph by Annie Leibovitz
Angela also used these fabulous stamps on her card.  I may have received them before, but the cancellation marks are quite light on these ones.  

Thank you so much! 

My next card comes from Britain and was sent by Janet.  She sent me this card of The Beatles in a quiet moment.  It's a cool card.  She notes that she has never heard The Beatles music as she has been deaf since childhood.
PAUL, RINGO, GEORGE, AND JOHN RELAXING BACKSTAGE.
The Beatles at King's Hall, Belfast, 2nd November, 1964
Thanks for this card!

My next interesting card comes from Russia and was sent by Anna.  She writes that she likes watching smart movies and her special love is Black and White films.  A recent film that she enjoyed was Control (2007) about Ian Curtis of Joy Division.  It's a biographical film.  (I haven't seen it.)

Moleskine. Thai Weber
Anna used a grouping of large and beautiful stamps on the back of her card.  I wish I could get more information about them, but I can't read Cyrillic.  Any hints from readers out there?


A lovely Postcrossing!  Thanks so much.

I was really excited to get this card.  I had just rewatched the movie a few days before so it was great timing.  I've read the books, and will likely buy the DVD of this when it comes out.

Manuela sent this from Germany.  She writes that she likes gardening, reading local crime stories and going to the cinema.  She sends her best wishes.
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Thank you.  I loved this movie!


Elena sent this delicious looking card to me.  She writes that she lives near St. Petersburg and she works for the post office.  

Russian cuisine: backed(sic?) duck with potatoes
It looks delicious.  
Elena also used some gorgeous stamps on her card.  She had to put one sideways, but it is worth turning your head for!

Russia always has such gorgeous stamps I think.  Lovely!

One of the ladies in AFWJ has been sending me her prefectures Gotochi cards, and this is one that I have just received.  
Like quite a few of my friends, she will be moving this year due to the horrid way Japan moves workers around without warning.  However, this is a great card, and we are both waiting to see what the new Gotochi cards for this year will be.


Well, there you have it, 5 Postcrossing cards, bonus stamps and a Gotochi card.  Hurray!  Which is your favourite?  

Until next time!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Will translate the Russian stamps for you:
1) Grandfather Frost's Post (office)
2) 1150 years of the Russian government
3) Just says Russia
4) Says it is of Saint Petersburg - "postal bridge" (its name) over the Moika river.

There!

Helen said...

Thank you very much! I appreciate you doing that for me. :-)

Thanks for visiting too!