August 31, 2009 - Monday

Cloudy and then rainy at night.

I had a good if quiet day today. I got up, realized I was still very tired and then went back to sleep. For a bit. Yay me.

I got up, showered and then did my computer stuff. I also worked on and thankfully finished my movie column today. Whew. Down to the wire. Bad me. While I was working on my column I watched my TV shows from the weekend. The Cold Case was really sad. It was about a serial killer of young boys. F sent me an email to say he would take Wednesday off. Oh yay. Not so happy about that one. Not that I don't want to spend time with him, but just that he didn't consult me first. I never take time off without discussing it with him. Plus of course, I have to arrange it with my students so it's a little disheartening that he can do it at the drop of a hat.

When he came home tonight we vegged for a while. I was watching Batman Begins and he got sucked into it too. Finally we decided to go out for dinner.

F had wanted to go to a Thai restaurant that I went to a while ago. We drove there and they were open, but there was no parking available. Some brainiac had parked parallel to the street when everyone else was parked diagonally. That meant that he took up enough space for 3 cars. Since we couldn't go there, we went to Moundon, the Korean place we go sometimes.

We had some nice food at Moundon, but the "mama-san" or owner/cook of the restaurant suggested that instead of ordering what we wanted, we order something else....of course more expensive. F said it was okay, even though I wasn't too impressed. We had our whole menu worked out and it went out the door. Sigh. We had some sort of stirfry thing that we cooked ourselves. Now, forgive me a second here, but MY stirfry is much better! The restaurant's was a bit sweet. The veggies and meat were good, but they were very watery and by the end I was looking for something to cut the sweetness. We ordered chap chae as well earlier and it was a bit sweet too. I don't like spicy food, but I also don't like sweet main dishes! So, for me it was a bit of a washout really. We did get a bit of tofu for an appetizer that was really nice.

We came home via the grocery store. I'm going to make something tomorrow night. I think it'll be cubed steak marinated in Worchester sauce and then sauteed, with a salad. I'll probably open one of my frozen veggie packs in the freezer and have some veggies too. Of course, I do plan on thawing them out.

Anyway, I'm off. Tomorrow I don't have any early classes, but I do have to get to the school a little early I think. I'd like to run an errand on the way to work. Wish me luck! Night.

No comments: