October 13, 2009 - Tuesday

Sunny, but tremendous rain showers and thunderstorms at odd times too.

A mostly good day. F called in sick to work today, so I had him underfoot a bit. It wasn't too bad, just annoying when I wanted to sit on the couch or watch news. Which wasn't on anyway. Gah.

F drove me to work around 2 which was really nice of him. It had been raining a few minutes beforehand, and it started to rain after I got to the school too.

I had two classes today and they both went well. My second student had problems writing as he had an injured hand from karate. I felt sorry for him, so I didn't make him write too much. I stayed a little later than I really needed tonight. I was planning a lesson for tomorrow. My student and I are starting a new textbook and I needed to have a look at it and see what's the best way to present it. The first couple of lessons should be fairly easy, even for him, so I think we'll just get into it.

I called F and asked him to pick me up a bit before 8 pm. We went to New York New York and had chicken in my case and Doria in his. We both had salad bar tonight too. After dinner we went over to the Yamazawa grocery store to have a look around. I've been looking for a spaghetti squash and tonight I got one. Yes! It's not too big, should be the right size for us.

Tomorrow I think F is going to cook dinner. He's going to cook the fish we caught on Monday night. He is doing it grudgingly, because I told him on Sunday that I was having a hard time getting back into eating Japanese food. After being in Canada and eating lovely fresh salads everywhere, I just don't want stodgy old soba or udon.

We came back home and watched American Idol reruns. I re-started my crochet project, but I may try it again too. It's very nice to work with though. I can't remember using real wool before.

And that's about it. I do have a class tomorrow evening, so I can't laze around all day. However, I do have a few things that need to be done. I'll let you know if I did them at all tomorrow night. Night!

No comments: