October 18, 2009 - Sunday

Rainy or cloudy all day.

Kind of a good day today. I didn't get up early in F's books, but in mine, I did okay. I was up around 11 which is a bit earlier than usual. He visited his mother in the morning and then we went out. We drove to Sakata.

We had sushi in Kappasushi and it was okay. It wasn't great, but not bad either. They tend to do a bit more unusual sushi than our normal place in Tsuruoka. For example, today I had hamburger sushi, and tempura shrimp sushi. Not the normal kind of thing. It was lunch time so it was a bit crowded, but we didn't have to wait too long to get in.

After lunch we went shopping. We drove to La Casa, a kitchen goods store. Actually though, today I bought stuff for me for the bathroom. They have gorgeous French soap, so I got some for winter. We hit up Hard Off as well and F bought us the 2nd season of Tru Calling. Yay. I'm looking forward to see it.

We did a little more shopping in the area, got a Christmas present for my sister's family, then we had a drink in McDonalds. While we were there, I took a picture of this slightly odd thing. I think it must save them from storing it. I wonder if I came back for Valentine's day if it would be redecorated!

Merry Halloween!


The next thing my hubby and I did was to find an Indian restaurant. I'd read about it in a local restaurant magazine and I love Indian food, sooooo.... We found it after a few misturns. We were the only people there at first, and there were four men working in the kitchen. Anyway, we had a set meal and it was really good. We each had 2 curries, naan, tandori chicken and shish kebab, salad, and a bit of rice, plus a drink afterwards. We got to have seconds on the naan too, so that was a bonus. I forgot that I wasn't supposed to use my left hand while I was eating there, but F reminded me. I enjoyed it a lot. I also didn't know if I should talk to the staff in English or in Japanese. I hate it when people assume that I can't speak any Japanese, so decided to use mostly Japanese to the staff.

We came back towards Tsuruoka then, but stopped around the mall for a couple of things. First up, a book of nengajo designs for our cards and my Christmas cards for students, then to the mall to check out Uniqlo again. They didn't have what I wanted, but I got something for someone else, and made F buy himself some socks. Over the last couple of days, I've noticed that some of his socks have built in airconditioning, and they look awful.

We went to the grocery store in Tsuruoka to send F's friend some persimmons. Shonai persimmons are famous. Apparently, they're soaked in alcohol to make them sweeter. I'm not sure how it works, but they are good.

We came home then, and had a quiet, relaxing night in. We'd been out most of the day, so it was a good thing.

Tomorrow I'm off work. Not sure what I'll do with myself, but hopefully I'll enjoy it. Got to go. Night!

No comments: