October 27, 2009 - Tuesday

Cloudy with some sun in the daytime, lots of rain at night.

A mostly good day. I woke up with my alarm, but just after it went off my phone rang. Hubby was at work and was worried he'd left some important keys at home. I got up and took a quick look around, but couldn't see them. He called me back a few minutes later to say that he'd found them at work. Whew. I tried to nap a little more, but didn't really.

I watched news this morning. Hurray, hurray, hurray! I don't know why I like to watch the US news as much as I do, it's not even Canadian, but maybe because it's close to home? And I do like the way that Charles Gibson says, "And I hope you had a good day" at the end. It's funny because I'm starting my day.

I did something a little odd for me. I cleaned my bedroom. Well, part of it. I dug into the corner by my bed and tossed a ton of magazines, old tissues that didn't quite make the garbage and stuff that I didn't know was there. I even dragged out the vacuum afterwards to really clean it up. Yay me.

My afternoon was quite quiet really, I had some yogurt, did stuff on the computer then had lunch and headed for my school. I was a little nervous as I didn't take a raincoat and there were ominous clouds overhead, but I made it safely.

Surprisingly today, my first student, who always comes to class, didn't. His family had some kind of accident at home, nobody hurt or anything. And the student who often misses class? She came today, for the full class! I was was so happy to see her.

After classes I did my paperwork, then clean up. I called F and asked him to pick me up. He came to get me and we drove off. It had started to rain. Yuck.

We made a quick stop at the grocery store then came home. I bought stuff for tomorrow night's dinner. I'm planning to cook tomorrow. Yay me.

It was after 9:30 when we got home but F didn't want any help preparing dinner. He had decided to make tempura. I was groaning inside because the last time he made it the entire kitchen was sheathed in oil. He did promise to do all of the cleanup which was nice. He took quite a while to prepare things and was a bit surprised when I told him that American Idol would be on in 15 minutes. Yes, it was a quarter to eleven. I made coffee and sort of set the table, and then we ate. It was really good. F had made tempura with the fish we caught, and some veggies. We had a salad on the side.

Afterwards, he did the dishes and I settled on the couch to watch AI. I did some of my crochet too. Finally he joined me and we watched it together. I know we've seen it before, but it was quite a good show. It was the Michael Jackson show.

That's about it for my day. I also just mooched a book from a lady in Slovenia, so that's kind of fun.

Gotta go! Night night!

No comments: