October 6, 2009 - Tuesday

Cloudy, then clearing.

I had a good day. I did wake up fairly early this morning, but didn't get up until 8:00 am. Still, for me, that's early! I had a quiet morning and afternoon at home. It was nice that way.

I went off to work a little early today. I knew that I would have to do some cleaning at the school. I also had to package up the omiyagi that I'm giving to students. I did all of that, both before and after my class. What are they getting? Hmm. Not sure I should tell you, but here goes. I'm giving the kids some fruit snacks, kind of like fruit leather, then some assorted candy and a cool pencil. The adults I teach get some candy and also some maple flavoured tea, plus a cool pencil! Not as extravagant as last year's souvenirs, but still quite nice I thought.

My first class went well, and the student did very well. He's a great kid. Just before my second class was to happen, the student called to say she couldn't come. I think she might have forgotten that I was back today!

F picked me up and we came home. I started cooking dinner fairly quickly. We had pumpkin soup (storebought), plus coro-coro steak and salad, with decaf coffee. It was all quite nice. F did the dishes afterwards.

We watched the repeat of American Idol tonight. I enjoyed it, and did a bit of crochet while I watched. It's so relaxing that I was afraid I'd fall asleep. F went to bed, and I'm hoping to get there soon too.

Tomorrow I'm off work and I have to run a few errands. I'd also like to go out for coffee or something during the day, just to get out of the house. What will I do? Tune in and find out! Night.

No comments: