November 19, 2009 - Thursday

Sunny and nice in the morning, torrential rain for the rest of the day.

I got up before 9 this morning and got over to the TV. I had to check if my shows were on. They were. Yay. I watched State of Play then flipped over to watch the news when it was on. Then, I watched my tape of the Brit drama. Later in the morning I watched The Perfect Housewife show. It was quite good. I find that I quite like the show. The theme of the show is of course having a clean house, but also about having a well run home. I shudder to think what they'd say about my apartment. Sigh.

In the afternoon I debated going to the post office or not. I planned to finally, but just as I was about to leave, I looked outside and it was pouring. I stayed in instead. My first student of the day also called me and cancelled. She was very busy and couldn't come.

Around 4 I cooked my brunch and also started watching Medium. This season is quite good. The episode ended with a cliffhanger so I set up the VCR to tape it tomorrow.

Just before I was set to leave for work, I thought of a cunning plan. I thought that maybe my hubby would be home before I had to leave for work, and I might be able to cadge a ride from him. It would work to his advantage too as he wouldn't have to pick up my bike after my class. I was texting F when I heard the combo go on the door. What was happening? Hubby got to leave work an hour early. Yahoo! He drove me to work a few minutes later. Hurray.

At the school, I prepped a lesson for next week and then read the paper. I checked over today's class too.

When my student came, we talked a lot about movies and then got on with our class. It was quite good. She left nearly on time and then I cleaned up.

I did some paperwork and then relaxed a little bit. Around 9 I got a call from my husband which surprised me. He asked if I was done and then said that he'd see me soon. I was thinking to myself, "I hope he's not calling from outside," when the doorbell rang. He was. Honestly, not a pleasing thing. I told him he could come, thinking it would take him 5 to 10 minutes, to get there, not 1 minute. Grr. I finished up and then we went off.

F was supposed to be in charge of dinner, but didn't bother with anything, so he took us out tonight. We had tonkatsu. It was nice, but F got a bit ticked at me because I told him to order anything for me. If I don't, he spends 10 minutes translating the menu, which I really don't care about anyway! Thick cut, thin cut, extra special thick cut, extra special high quality....really, I'm not going to tell the difference anyway! We arrived just before last order, so the best option was just for him to order and I'd have what he was having.

Afterwards, we bought a very few groceries, then came home. We watched ER at 11. It's getting towards the end of the show. Abby is in quite a bit of trouble. Can't say more than that.

And that was my day. Tomorrow I should pack my suitcase for the weekend, plus I have one afternoon class. I'll try to talk to you tomorrow night. Gotta go! Night.

No comments: