November 7, 2009 - Saturday

Sunny and warm. A nice day.

I got up reasonably early this morning and watched the news. It was lovely because it was on this morning. In fact, it was a full news hour, with no baseball. I watched some news that I just didn't understand too. Korean, Arabic, Spanish, etc. Different to see the other perspectives of the world's news.

I checked email, etc, then shut down my computer and packaged it up. I took my stuff out to the car, with a bit of help from F. Yay. We had a cheap and cheerful brunch at Gusto, then he dropped me off at my school.

My class prep was mostly done, so I just checked what needed to be done and then worried about my nose. It was running and running. It barely stopped all day. My first class went well and we were able to do a little bit of extra work in her workbooks. After her class, I had an hour break then another class. In my free time, I did up paperwork, then read today's newspaper. My second student came on time and we had a good class. I'm enjoying getting to know her.

After class I started my clean up but called F. I asked him to stop at the drugstore on the way to my school. I wanted him to get me some cold medicine. Of course, he showed up at the school without my medicine. He misunderstood. He thought he was supposed to take me to buy the medicine, but really, I can't read the package so wanted him to do it! Lovely guy that he is, he popped out again to get some for me. I finished cleaning and changing, and when he came back I took some of the medicine.

We drove out to the bus stop, but stopped at a convenience store on the way. I got a drink for the bus and a pack of sandwiches. We went to the bus stop and ate and chatted for a while. F gets really disconsolate when I go away for the weekend like this. I tried to make him see the good parts of it. No fights over TV, he can eat what he likes, drink what he likes, can run around the apartment in his undies if he wants...anything! He finally realized that he could eat natto in the apartment, and could go out for ramen without me objecting. I When we only had a few minutes left, we went into the bus shelter. I got on the bus when it came and waved goodbye to my hubby.

The trip was uneventful. I slept for most of it. I listened to a couple of podcasts on my iPod, then switched it to music. I snoozed away. The cold pill made me sleepy.

In Sendai, I got off the bus and walked over to my hotel. It's quite a hike when you've got a suitcase and a heavy backpack. I checked in without problem and then went to my room. It's a nice room with no view. Seriously! The room looks out on a building about 2 meters away.

After calling hubby to let him know that I made it safely, I went out again to find dinner. I went to a little pasta place in S-Pal. It was okay. It wasn't the greatest, but really not bad. Then, I visited Starbucks for a Black Assam Tea Latte, which has to be one of the nicest drinks I've ever had at Starbucks. It doesn't have sugar, and because it's tea, makes me feel more relaxed. I had a cinnamon roll with it too.

I came back to the hotel and relaxed for a while. It was nice to have a quiet evening in. In a few minutes I'll maybe take a bath and then I hope to get to bed fairly early. Tomorrow's going to be a long day.


No comments: