November 8, 2009 - Sunday

Sunny and warm.

I went to bed last night earlier than I usually do on a Saturday night! It was before 3. I slept reasonably well which was nice when I'm away from home.

I got up this morning, showered, and then went for breakfast. It was okay. After a quick toothbrushing, I went off to the train station. I met a woman in AFWJ there and we got on a train and went to the ETJ Expo. It was great. I was able to meet a few new people and learned quite a bit about different theories and techniques. I was fading a bit in the afternoon and was thinking of taking some time off. I decided to go to a presentation, just because I came a long way and it's expensive for my school. Anyway, it was about a new textbook that's being put out. At the end of the presentation they had a draw for the complete set of the books, including teacher manuals....and I won! Amazing. I never win anything. Ironically, I don't have a student at the moment that would benefit from the books, but I might get one.

Afterwards, I headed back into the city center and went back to my hotel. At the hotel I dumped my books, talked to my husband and then went out. I went to the Apple store, bought what I wanted and then hit up the HMV store for something else. I walked back to the station and then had dinner on the other side of the station. I went to the yakitori restaurant that is there. I had a few kinds of yakitori and they were very good. I left and came back to my hotel.

I spent a nice and quiet evening here. I took a lovely bath and read a magazine. I just relaxed. Tomorrow I'm going to go shopping and then catch the bus back home. I've really enjoyed myself today, but I feel like I didn't get a lot of rest!

Got to go. Night!

No comments: