December 4, 2009 - Friday

Clear and rainy, clear and rainy all day.

I got up a little late this morning, but still managed to watch most of the news. Whew. I had a quiet morning, except I was still sitting at my computer in my pajamas when the door bell rang. It was a man holding a huge box. I decided to get the door and found that the box was from my sister. Wow, she's really organized this year. This year I'm not.

I had to go over to the school early today for an afternoon class. I went outside, noticed that it was raining and put on my rain cape. I made pretty good time over to the school and was even lucky at the light I usually have to wait at. I checked the set-up at my school and waited for my student. Today she was right on time and we had a good lesson. We talked about her trip to Canada. It sounds like she had a great time, even if she didn't really see what she wanted!

After class I cleaned up, then made myself some tea while I read the newspaper and a couple of readers for learners. I also did the Sunday puzzle. I've become hooked on the puzzles. They're like crossword puzzles, but they only give you 3 letters and no clues. F called to let me know that he was leaving Yamagata. I planned to leave before he came back, but when he called again to say he was in Tsuruoka, I was still at the school. Oh. He went home and changed and then picked me up.

We went to the drugstore, then to Aki for Okonomiyaki. It has been a while since we went there, but it wasn't that great tonight. We asked for my favourite, the cheese curry version, but it didn't taste cheesy or curryish at all. Too bad.

We came home and had a quiet evening. I watched "W" the Oliver Stone film about Bush and it was quite good. Josh Brolin was good as Bush. It didn't make me like him at all, but it was quite interesting to watch.

After midnight F wanted to have something else to eat, so we went to the grocery store. I got some fried chicken and kabocha croquettes. They were really nice. I also spent part of the evening working on my Christmas Newsletter. I wanted to make it really spiffy, but didn't quite manage. I did try though. I'll have another go soon.

And that's about it for me. I have an early start tomorrow as my first class is before 1. I have to get some sleep. Good night!

No comments: