December 6, 2009 - Sunday

Rainy and snowy and generally a miserable day.

I got up rather early for me today. I set my alarm for 9:45 and was up around 10 am. Why? We wanted to try to go to the post office and mail off our Christmas presents. I put them in a box and then F drove us to the post office. We just made it! They were due to close 10 minutes later. It cost a fortune, but we sent them. Hopefully the big present should be there rather quickly.

We had soba for lunch at F's favourite place. It was okay. I didn't really want it, but he doesn't get to go very often, so didn't object. I did have a nice lunch with him though. After lunch, we ordered our chicken for Christmas day and then went for coffee. I had tea at Doutors and it was nice. We visited my student's shop after coffee and looked at some of her things that she brought back from the US. After that, we came home.

I was really tired, so I went to bed and slept for about 3 hours. Oh dear. Still, I did get up early, so it balances out, right?

After a while I was awakened and got up. We went out for dinner to Jiro. It was good tonight. I had my favourite sauteed pork with onions fried in garlic oil. It is so good. F didn't have it, he had some cutlet thing and afterwards said he wished he'd had my dish too!

We went for a bit of a drive after dinner. F has a party to go to next week and was looking for the place it is held at. Nope, couldn't find it. On the way home, I requested driving past NHK to look at the Christmas tree. It was lit up tonight and look gorgeous. I was happy to see it!

We came home and watched The Incredible Hulk. I didn't like it as much as Hulk. I thought Hulk was an interesting take on the whole comic genre. I did enjoy tonight's film though. It was fun and I liked the cameo at the end too.

And that was about it for my day. I now have to do my Christmas cards. Ack. I think my holiday letter is about ready, except I have to refill my printer. Tomorrow I hope that I can do all that I want to do. Wish me luck! Night.

No comments: