January 12, 2010

Tuesday

Rainy most of the day, clearing at night.

Today was an okay day. I got up on time to watch the news, although it was a bit touch and go for a while. I missed my weekend sleeping-in day because of our trip. My body wanted me to take it today, but my brain said no way. I'm glad it won.

I did a few things on the computer this morning and that's about all that I had time for. I made my omelette and scooted off to work. I rode my bike. It was raining, but the roads were clear and I didn't have any real trouble getting to work.

Today at work, I gave my adult students a paper with a space for them to make New Year English Resolutions. I think it's a good idea, to get them to work towards something. I gave them a few ideas, and also suggested breaking things into manageable chunks. For example, one student wanted to write that she'd study English for 2 hours a day. I know she's busy and that it wouldn't happen! I suggested 30 minutes, she countered with an hour and that's what she wrote. I hope she can do it!

After work tonight I finished up and called F. He picked me up and we came home. He made dinner for us tonight and it was really good. He did ginger pork, sauteed spinach with bacon and some konnyaku noodles. I did the dishes of course because he did all the cooking. I did make coffee too, but he didn't want my help with anything else.

Computer update: F has hardware problems. Not with the lovely new computer, but with the system to connect his computer to the net. It seems to be only for Windows computers, so it looks like we'll have to get a new connector or something. I did spend some time with him tonight showing him how to use some things and showing him how he can set up his desktop or screensaver. Little things.

At 11 pm I watched Criminal Minds. I did miss a few minutes of it, so I'll likely have to watch it again on Saturday morning.

Anyway, I'm off. I would like to get some more sleep if I can! I really don't get a lot these days. Night.

No comments: