January 18, 2010


Little bit warmer, some rain.

Today I just decided not to get up for a while. NHK doesn't run the news on Monday mornings, so I decided to put extra time on my alarm and sleep late. It was around 11 when I finally got up, although I can't really say that I slept much more.

I did have a fairly productive day. I did a couple of loads of laundry and put away a bunch of my clean clothes. I also watched the weekend's TV, plus the movie The Other Boleyn Girl. I found the movie rather disappointing in comparison to the book. The movie telescoped a lot of the events and made it seem like the affair between Mary and Henry was very short, when in the book it was much longer and she actually bore him two children. A lot of the "sister" stuff was fine, but I would have liked a little more accuracy. There was also one scene where Eric Bana sounded decidedly Australian, and that wasn't fitting for the King of England. Still, it was okay as a movie, but I'm glad I didn't pay to see it.

F came home and just vegged for a while. I asked him if he was hungry, but he wasn't he said. I was hit around that time by a screaming headache, so I went to have a lie-down. I got up a little later to take some tylenol and then went back to the bedroom and closed the door. I didn't say anything (I don't think I could really, I was in big pain) so F turned off the TV, the heater, and left the apartment. I was a bit upset when I realized he'd gone because I thought he was getting himself something to eat. We'd planned to cook dinner at home tonight. I phoned him but he didn't answer, so I just decided to keep lying down until I felt better. I eventually did.

When he came home, he went straight to bed, but I reminded him that I needed to go to my school to set the heater for tomorrow. I also took my clothes over so I don't have to carry them if I walk to work. We came home and he told me that he didn't want to eat anything. I didn't feel like eating at the time either. He went to bed and has slept ever since 8:30 or so. After a while I did feel like eating, so I made myself some dinner and then watched a bit of TV.

I wrote a bunch of "catch up" email tonight. I've been putting it off for a while, not sure why. I am worried that I'm losing touch with my friends. I do go through extended periods when I just hide away and it takes a lot of work on my part to get out of those funks and be friends with people.

That's about it. It wasn't a terrible day, except for my headache. Was it too much computer time, not enough caffeine, or too many kerosene fumes? I don't know. I'll talk to you tomorrow. Night!

No comments: