January 6, 2010


An okay day today. I went to bed really late last night and unfortunately I think I woke up my husband. He didn't get back to sleep. Part of that was my fault as I coughed a fair amount and couldn't breathe very well. Anyway, this morning he called his boss and took the day off work. I tried not to be annoyed with him about that.

I got up at my usual time and shooed him off my part of the couch. He went back to bed instead. I watched the news, did some computer stuff, showered and then started working on dinner. The plan was to make a crustless quiche, so I could do quite a bit of work ahead of time. I buttered the pie plate (no spray stuff), cleaned and chopped the vegetables, grated a bit of cheese, and chopped some bacon up too. I put the cheese and veggies in the pie plate, with the bacon, and then covered it and put it all in the fridge for tonight.

I made my own lunch and ate it in the afternoon. F took me to work around 4 and I was busy there. I spent the first hour or so making cards for my class with various jobs on them. It took a while, but was worth it I think.

Even though it had snowed a bit during the day, it was very wet and I didn't have to shovel any snow. I was glad about that. Today's student is usually dropped off, so he doesn't need parking anyway, but if there was a lot I'd have to do some to help out for Thursday night.

My student showed up right on time and we had a good class. I was surprised at that as he hasn't had class for about 3 weeks. We talked about jobs, and the grammar point was "a" or "an" with jobs. He did quite well. I reminded him first of "a pencil" and "an eraser" and he seemed to remember and caught on to the usage with jobs too. Yay.

After class he left and I cleaned up, then called F to come and get me. First we went to the drug store for shampoo for me and TP. The important things in life! After that, we hit the grocery store for a few things to have in the apartment.

We came home and I got to work on dinner. I took the pie plate out of the fridge to warm up, then got to work on the eggs/milk/cream mixture. I also preheated the oven. I carefully poured the liquids into the veggie cheese mix and then put the quiche to be in the oven, set the temp and time, and let it cook.

I answered some email and before I knew it, the quiche was ready. It looked great. I set the table, cooked the hash brown patties and got out the salad. F, bless him, had made coffee, so we had a very nice meal tonight. I think F was happy that it wasn't heavy on the meat. Sometimes, usually I suppose, I cook a lot of meat.

F did the dishes and we had a very quiet night. A little after 11 I watched Ugly Betty, and hubby went to bed. He's still feeling a bit under the weather. I'm not too bad, but honestly, I'm not 100 percent either.

Anyway, I'm done for now. Today turned out much better than I thought it would. Hurray for that. Oh, and here's a picture of my crustless quiche. It got good reviews tonight!

No comments: